Combines Reel motor power

NDDan

There is a brass colored one way check valve at right hand end of header. It is approx 1"x1"x3". It likely has a piece of something in it which prevents the oil from dead heading with reel turned on. Valve is there to free flow the oil the oppisite direction when reel is shut off. I suppose if there is a tee handle adjustable torque limiter on that side of header it could have a problem but I doubt it. I suppose there is some chance junk from failed motor may be in couplers but I doubt that you would lose power from that. Good luck

Gerald

Thanks for the reply. Nobody was thinking about the reverse flow check valve, as it was a pickup header. After the second test of the system serviceman figured it was motor again. last night was thinking over the problem and what I had done with good flow on the return line, even with another motor, that didn't have any speed. About 10pm last night I when looking for any cross connection between the pressure line and return line. I found the little reverse flow value. For some reason the value have opened and stuck. Not sure why it would even open on a pickup drive. Another question. Have you seen any problems with the Roller StatIJ motors. This was the second failure in about 5years. last night I pulled both motor apart and found the same failure. The Torrington Thrust bearing had failure, other parts looked good.