Combines vent

Gleamer

I feel your pain, my grandfather started with a WC and 2 row mounted corn picker. My dad built Gleaners at the Independence plant from 1951 to 1987. We had the range of tractors and combines the same and have yet to buy horsepower outside the Agco umbrella. A lot of todays ideas came from the Allis Chalmers company, to abandon this bloodline will hurt the company in my opinion. A very similar comparasin to the current crap being shoved down our throats from our goofball government......

orange

No more orange or silver on our farm going forward. Any AGCO equipment purchased from here on will simply be a vote endorsing these knotheads actions! let 'em go broke and then start over with management that can think again!

mo_farm

I really don't know why everyone is getting so fired up about Agco dropping the orange paint. I have run orange tractors all my life and I don't have a problem with it. After all it still the same tractor no matter if it says Agco, MF or Challenger on the side. For me it'll say Massey because my dealer sells Agco and Massey both now. It's just paint, get over it.

orange

The AGCO CEO loves "goose steppers", just fall in line and follow orders.

mo_farm

I believe the CEO is trying to make Agco a WORlD ClASS equipment company. To acchive this there has to be streamlineing of the brands. Same dealer, same tractor, different paint and decals. Not much of a change if you ask me. I suppose you would be really upset if they painted the R series Gleaners red and called them Masseys also.

orange

WORlD ClASSIJ hmm, take your number 1 selling tractor in worlds most important ag market and replace it with your 3rd best selling tractor. Over the past 4-5 years, make claims to press and investors how the Challenger brand is going to be driven to superiority by superb relations with CAT dealers and their service. Now, fast forward to present: 3 major CAT dealers have dropped Challenger - Yancey and Foley (4 if you include Martin) and 1 in Canada. Another in Florida indicated will only take orders if someone wants one, not aggressively marketing. Now, lets change course again, maybe after all we will consider letting traditional AGCO dealers sell Challenger since our plan A story to the media isn't working out so well! Reason given for dropping the AGCO tractor: can't justify Tier 4 emission EPA expense for all of these units, so lets kill our origins and best seller. But wait a minute, We have 4 separate combines to face the same Tier 4 scrutiny, Gleaner RandA series; Challenger; and Massey Ferguson. Gleaner as facts show account for about 70% of AGCO's NA market, Massey largely the rest and Challenger not even a blip - high single digits to low teens depending on how sales are accounted for. How does the Tier 4 impact theseIJ Based on the tractor story, Challenger combine demise should have been completed long ago. If anyone can figure the logic and agenda here, please share it! WORlD ClASS equipment companyIJ

mo_farm

The decision to drop orange paint has been made, no amount of complaining by you or anyone else is going to change it. Nothing stays the same forever, look at the changes we have seen in farm equipment business the past 30 years. And more changes are coming. I expect them to continue to fold brands together untill everything comes under the Massey, Fendt, Challenger, and Valtra names.

max_doubt

maybe we should just move all this discussion to the messy page to complete the change. I really doubt my AGCO dealer changes to Messy. They have had opportunities before and had no interest. They have New Holland and Buhler and Kubota. Why would they want to let AGCO yank them around anymoreIJ No Messy dealers anywhere near me. I have an entire fleet of orange and silver. Thanks Richenhagen, you screwed me over real good. Ziegler won't want to work with our gleaner or orange tractor parts. I guess loyalty only works one direction.

MN_Dean

I personaly would prefer an orange tractor. We still have a large fleet of Allis, but wouldn't it make the most sense to pare it all down to one or two brandsIJ I have two Challengers. I love the 845 and the jury is still out on the 665B. Ziegler has been very helpful with parts for my R62 as well as my Challengers. My son picked up wheel bearings for the Gleaner from Bloomington on his way home from school at 9:30 pm on a Friday night. We looked up the part n on Agco parts and they didn't have them in Agco but they did in Cat boxes. They are open till midnight. We also needed an input shaft for a final drive on a Saturday and they searched all the agco dealers in MN and found one in Nerstrand. Dealer left it on a lawnmower out front and ran it through my Ziegler account. I have also gotten filters and some other parts from the Massey dealer in the next town for my Challenger wheel tractor. This whole thing is as hard as you want to make it. It's nice to have a deere store in every town but when each dealer has 8 or 10 stores how long till overhead causes them to down sizeIJ I worked at a Deere dealer and I would drive a long way for parts to keep my Gleaner over buying a green combine.

heifer

Well it is nice to see that i,am not alone on my ideas. Thanks for the imputs boys. I still cannot see why go away from a name and colour that goes back to the thirties with a lot of loyality to a colour and name that few of us have had anything to do with. I am sure there are some important people read this forum and could give us the answer. Thanks again and forgive them if they paint my R52 yellow.