Combines Give m the Orange Finger

Massey_Man

OMG grow up!Orange tractors are Massey tractors painted orange,face it,make your peace with it and move on.

orange

There is no such thing as a Massey tractor painted orange. Massey ceased being a corporation in 1994 and now is only a marketing name under AGCO corporation. All tractors manufactured now are AGCO corporation tractors sold under different brands. At least try to get it right. If this bothers you so bad Massey lassie, go post on the Massey site! Your not getting the screw job.....yet! I am getting really tired of this "get over it crowd". As I have stated before, "if you don't stand for something, you will stand for anything". Many of us feel this is a cause worth fighting for, and once this clown that was handed AGCO has things in a tailspin, healthy change can happen! Bombarding the AGCO booth in louisville is one of the most creative ideas I have heard is a while. It doesn't sound like things went so well at the dictators new show: Ag Connect. This is the USA and We have NFMS in louisville. We don't need another one with an 'International' flavor to it, so hopefully NFMS blows out attendance records and AGCO gets the 'orange' treatment

IowaDan

I've been farming for 37 years and have always had a Gleaner combine and Massey tractors. love them both. I think if Agco wanted to get rid of a color, it should be the yellow. We also need more good dealerships, not fewer. I have to drive 40 to 90 miles to get good service and I live in the heart of the cornbelt. I don't want to go with John Deere or Case but they are both right in my back yard and give good service. I don't understand Agco's phylosiphy with their dealer force. You can't grow business without dealers.

gr6279

Thanks for the support. I hope everyone understands this in not just about the orange color. Remember Massey fans it has happened to you and also IH guys the Ford fans are in the same boat it could be their color next. Who knows bottom line we have a way to communicate to each other that was not available when MF, IH, and original AC met their fates, we can make a difference. Just think in the time it takes to write a post telling me Im wrong you could start a letter to the board telling them not my brand or show support for Gleaner and AGCO Tractor its your call. Thanks Again GR PS Maybe not all JD fans are happy with dealer consolidation and where that may eventually lead.

farmermike

No, Massey tractors are Agco corporation tractors painted red. They could call them cockshut, or avery or rumley or whatever they deem necessary. The way I see it, anybody that wants massey equipment already has it. My choices are being taken away, due to no fault of my own. If I don't speak up, then it will be my fault.

max_doubt

Yeah, one of those other names would have more credibility! Especially in the corn belt.

Gerald

Around and around we go with this Orange thing. I am old enough to remember the color war over green. They final came out with a good engine in the Allis, when they change from Buda to Deutz, But Americans wouldn't buy because of color. Orange Allis has been dead for 30 years. The older tractors were White and new ones are Agro painted as per area of sale. In the area we have a good Agro dealer, many Gleaners and a few Massey Tractors, but no Orange. Orange has been dead in this area for the last tenIJ years. Whenever they came out with the one tractor in two colors dealers stopped having orange on the lot.

max_doubt

Good for you. I don't think you can give a Massey away around here. Sadly, all of my equipment just lost value. I might lose my dealer, he knows that massey is a BIG loser in this area. This is the beginnnig of the end for Gleaner. After all the Agco dealers are gone or switched, the Gleaner will just whither away. Just like Richenhagen wants. I hate the whole situation, I have a very strong dislike for Richenhagen, and there is no way I will ever have a Massey on my farm. I will make every effort to go with a differernt (read:non Agco) brand when our current combine is traded. I doubt that Gleaner will be around then anyway. This is a very serious matter to many of us. It goes beyond paint color, it involves resale, service and parts availability. Not to mention trust and loyalty. I had a lot of faith in Agco. Agco, Deutz-Allis, and Allis Chalmers have been prividing the tools for our families survival for many years. I even worked at a Deutz-Allis_White dealership for 3.5 years after college and before I had an opportunity to farm. I know my dealer, and I know they have service that is second to none. I will stay with them when this is all over,whether they take on MF, but I will be choosing from one of their other brands. I think the management of the other brands have a lot more respect for the people that keep them in business. Customers and dealers deserve to be treated much better.