Combines M 2 HP rateing

sidekick

If you don't put larger loads on it than what you do now,it won't need turned down.Does the 180 have room for the crank driven oil pump 301.Have heard of issues on 190 conversions for this reason.Rear plate likley needs swapped too.You'll have to pull the cam to change the front plate.If it's a good engine and worth the money,I'd go to the trouble.

sidekick

If you don't put larger loads on it than what you do now,it won't need turned down.Does the 180 have room for the crank driven oil pump 301.Have heard of issues on 190 conversions for this reason.Rear plate likley needs swapped too.You'll have to pull the cam to change the front plate.If it's a good engine and worth the money,I'd go to the trouble.

sidekick

looks like 180's had cam driven oil pump.185's after sern 2D-96079 had crank driven pump.You need to find out if you have room for the oil pan.

brassring

Thanks siekick will need to check some more I remember a guy a few yrs. back when I came up with this idea, he asked what I had and he said ahh you need a older 190 engine I guess the oil pump drive was why he said that. wonder what is different from a 180 and 185 frameIJ Thanks again Bob

tbran

all 200's , lATE 185's only had a front casting that dropped the front axle pivot pin 4" to clear the pan. One can spot a late 185 as it is higher in the front noticably. Remove the front axle, cut the pivot bushing space it up the distance between the rear mounitng 70256322 strap and weld bushing that distance higher using flat strap or straps to space up. 70242961 is the sleeve but if installed (welded) on top of existing sleeve it has to be reamed to accept bushings. Alaignment , which is paramount, is easiest if one mocks up axle by installing with the rear plate bolted in the BOTTOM rear plate hole and the TOP mounting strap hole. This lowers the rear axle necessary amount. This will assure alaignment with the front pin. Tack weld then remove and weld. Add a strap aboove the rear attachment strap so as to have a place to bolt rear plate in with 4 bolts. Two lower holes will not be used. The radiator shroud will hit as it's center is two low. A radiator shop can raise the shroud to center the new fan location. 6 blade 200 fan would be nice. IF one ever decides just to change short blocks beware as the oil cooled turbo versions have different oil galley plugs in the rear to divert oil flow through cooler.