Combines New 83 M3 and 316 flex

BenM

Saw an F3 sold a few years back with only 100 hours on it ....went for $17,000 CAN base unit. Anew M3 would be worth at least twice that.Ben.

sidekick

It ought to be worth at least purchase price when newIJWhat an interesting problem.Then again,fuel system could be "junk".What are the chances of rust or stuck parts in the hydroIJDepending on alot of things,it could be a real headache or the best thing going.HMMMM!

dairyfarmer

im interested also let us know more in the future please dairyfarmer

BenM

the least you would have to do is change all fluids and filters,batteries while bearing in mind the tires may look OK but could easily be dry rotted. couple grand would easily look after that. At the sale where I saw the 100 hour F3 sell, there was a 150 hour IH 1486 also sold--brought 30G and many thoght it was too cheap. There is a very good chance the M3 tbran saw will run like a new one with very little trouble; I've restored a few old tractors_cars over the years, and am still suprised that an engine that has not run for over 20 years can run like new with a basic tune up. The only problem I've encountered (besides a dirty rusty fuel tank) is a dried up rear main seal in some Pontiac engines that used a piece of heavy rope like material for a seal---and some of tose eventually became pliable and sealed after running the engine for a while. I would not be afraid to go to $50,000 for a machine like that M3. Ben.

tbran

UNIT WAS OWNED BY A seed cleaning operation in west Tennessee - was going to harvest specialty crops but health problems changed plans. Just put in a storage building and let set since then. $27,500.00 for M3 and 316 flex header per owner - it is outside and under a tarp.