Combines Shield under distribution augers

NDDan

We have really only monkeyed with these troughs in grass. We were overloading left side due to overthrashing. Once we prevented overthreshing with rotor and helical setup the shoe load evened right out without additional troughs. The trough you mention can likely be eliminated as long as you are not overthreshing as material moves over. There are actually two more troughs available for left side that will definitely move material to right. We played with these prior to flowing straw properly. You may of noticed trough at right rear also. Factory setup in early '90s was two of these side by side. We removed the left one early on as well as factory removed from standard setup in mid '90s. Housings were punched to add the second one until recently I see holes are eliminated. I have only seen the right rear one removed on a couple machines and they do grass. The troughs stay out for other crops as well. I would say as long as you have rotor setup to prevent over threshing you could run without any troughs. If you thought you needed to lighten load on right side you could add the extra one at right rear. I would guess if you have steep side slopes you might be better off leaving as is.