Combines NDDan

brassring

Ok I just got off the phone with the dealer he tells me the Agco floor for the R-52 HAS the hump in it, he talked to the factory and they don't make one without the hump for a R-52 they told him to use one for a R-62 and narrow it down to fit. so that is what he is going to do if I am messing up PlEASE someone tell me NOW! so I don't make a huge mistake Im tring to get this machine to feed better tired of wearing the reverser out cause it keeps plugging where the front chain throws into the rear drag. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Bob

NDDan

In Reply to: Re: NDDan posted by brassring on July 21, 2010 at 17:14:27: Removing the hump isn't the most key thing but still like it removed. If the 62 floor they use is the flattened one from a 65 they should be fine narrowing it. Do they tilt down the front of rear floor when they do the jobIJ Tilting it down the approx 1" is OK and is the way factory is doing it. I stopped instructing the guys to do this for it was easier to reinstall the flatened floor in original position. Tilting it down gave more room if staying with the 8" drum. When we stay with the 8" drum and don't tilt the floor when we do it we will often times modify drum block to allow higher maximum height. Now for big key to floor mod and what we changed when we stopped tilting down front of rear floor. We found out the '92 and earlier machines had a front feed floor that dropped off the straw 2" sooner than '93 and newer machines. When we found that out we did a bunch of rethinking to get same results as previous kits. What we came up with is shorten the front floor back to what it was on earlier machines plus and inch (total 3"). When we do this we tilt it down 1_2". This allowed us to leave flatten rear floor in original location and still allow straw to make nice transition between the chains. A couple other things they would find out in the feeder floor instructions is to smoothen sharp corners on both left and right side of front feed toward the rear (we weld in filler plates to eleminate the sharp corners). The sharp corners will stall the straw that is sliding against the sides of feeder. Another trick to make sure the makes a nice transition and gets under the rear chain is to weld about 4 kickers onto rear feed tention drum. These can be 1" tall angle iron if you have the newer tention drum with W-ring and the flat feeder slat (not old teardrop style). Beater iron would need to fit between slat and drum so as it doesn't bumb against slat when they line up. Posi-feed drums do a similar trick. Good luck

posum

Bob ,I am not sure of the pricing but Dan builds a very good floor for the 52 already the right width and cheaper than agco. be sure they do the side plates to round the corners in the throat. Dan's kit also has pipes for the springs on the rear feed chain they help keep chain at correct tension under load. I have done 5 or 6 kits from Dan with great results. You will be very happy after this mod! good luck Brooks

tbran

Dan's kit will add about 20% capacity to the feeding of the R52 - if one needs even more capacity use the lateral tilt pulley and belt to speed up the chain by 10% - 71374737 and 71368809 but don't think youll need it if the kit is installed. After installing Dan's kit I have not used the reverser 10 times in 2 crops (I did almost plug the cylinder though it feeds that much! ) Dan's drop floor kit and instructions are good enough that we have had several customers install with not a problem and everyone asks the same question of why was this not done years ago (from the factory) - it works! I would not go to the field without one installed given the chance.

Kevin_Alabama

I too have taken tbrans advice and installed Dans floor mod. in my 94 R52 It is well worth the time, and not a lot of trouble. I talked to dan himself and could not ask for a better person (like most AC_Gleaner dealers). The only time I plug now is when the header auger plugs, if it gets passed there it is gone. I also fully hypred my R52 and no more rumbleing in green stem beans. The 20 foot head eats them.

Rolf

G'Day Guys Yep R62 (still got it) with Dan's floor mod and have TRIED!!! To get other local owners to do the same! But they just don't think its worth it!! :( (if its not factory made like that they wont touch it!!!!! ) Made a silly amount of difference to performance and have not use reverser even before floor mod since 96! (no drive chain on it since then!) Fully hyped machine and will have 1000 hectares of wheat to harvest with it, in what maybe my last years as a farmer this up and coming season. Our floor mod is not quite as exacting as Dans system, but it has made a huge amount of diffrence to our machine. you will love it! :) Eastern Australia will have a locus problem this spring here! So problems for us are not over yet! And mice are running rampant here at the moment! hope the mice eat the locus eggs!!! :pray: Rolf

brassring

ok got my combine back tonight, didn't have time to look it over yet, I am such a idiot, I knew it was the rear floor with the hump but I refered to it as the front floor,I realized my mistake but it was too late to correct it thank goodness you guys knew which floor I ment. I copied the post from Dan and gave it to my dealer and he read it over and said ok I understand. so he did what was suggested, he said he did install one of Dan's floor's a while back so he understood what was to be done. sort of antze wanting to try it! but for now I need to pull the rotor and do some work inside. Thanks for all the help and post Bob