Combines Steering on l3

NDDan

I'm going to lean toward most situations normal. Been awhile since being around l2s though. If the steering feels OK when moving and a bit of throttle on I would lean further toward OK. I would bet the taller tires would be harder to turn without rolling than I would be used to. I would take another very close look at the tie rod end on the cylinder. Have someone turn the wheel a bit one way and then a bit the other way slowly as you watch the nut that secures the tie rods. Make sure the nut does not rock at all. Then watch the anchor in axle. Be sure it is not oil canning or flexing. If so add gussets accordingly to get support over longer area. Might jack it up to be sure wheel bearings are not loose. Check center pivot area to be sure there is no sign of cracking where center pipe is welded into axle.

peteguy

my dad did mention he had a g with the wanders and finally tore the steering ram apart and two o-rings were crossed, so he basically did a seal kit on it and it fixed it. I doubt this will fix it, but it was worth mentioning. good luck!