Combines N6 P3 rotor in green stem beans

nsixer

How much did your upgrade actually cost you - I am thinking of doing it. Did you do it yourselfIJ

PETE

let me start out with what I had before the upgrade. Hyperized P1 with 68 channel helical bars throughout the cage. Separator grate with 2 F2 rasp bars in the belly. loewen 8 bar concave with every other wire removed. I bought a used Hyperized P3 for $500 that had the extended rasp bars in the discharge end and put new chrome 3_4" spaced thresher bars ~$1500. New coupling and spacer ring (I had the old style coupling) ~$500. 1_2" spacer between coupling and star to get P3 rotor centered $75 from a machine shop. MSC parts, bolts etc ~$100. So I have somewhere around $2700 in the upgrade. Yes, I did the work myself with the guidance of HyperII. All in all it was not bad, just took a little brainstorming. Call me sometime and I can tell you more. 563.357.7992 It was well worth the effort and $$$ especially in green stem beans. Pete Hinrichsen

PETE

Yes and No I replaced a Hyperized P1 rotor in my N6 with a Hyperized P3 rotor. If there is enough interest maybe we could add a section detailing how it is done. The main reason I did this was to eliminate that green stem rotor howl I was getting with the P1. The biggest difference between the two rotors is the P3 bars are so much more aggressive and keep the green stems moving through the cage. Pete Hinrichsen