Combines low Voltage

• Thread starter Hyper_Harvest_II
  • Start date

Hyper_Harvest_II

What machine are we working withIJ Cab relays if they are old can start to create heat and resistance and pull the electrical system down. Just had a customer replace one and he gained almost 2 volts. I had him run a jumper from large terminal to large terminal on relay to by-pass it and that is where he found voltage drop. Hyper Harvest II

lee

Same problem with my early R62. Voltage is fine till I hit the auto swing for auger, then voltage drops but goes back up when auto swing shuts off. If I manually hold swing button, then voltage doesn't drop. Steve

IowaDan

It's a 93 R42 with duetz. I've replaced the cab relay before in this machine but maybe it needs it again. Also, when I have flashers on the volt meter needle jumps around. Maybe that's normal. With header, seperator and cab fan on it shows about 12 1_2 volts then drops to 11 1_2 when I swing auger out.

rforro

I would check voltage right at alternator with a multimeter to verify your getting at least 14 volts out of it. Had one rebuilt once and tech didn't rebuild to a 100 amps (think that is what is called for),I think he made it a 60 amp, not enough amps

Hyper_Harvest_II

There should also be a 90 amp curcuit breaker back by the engine frame rails. These can also give trouble with getting correct voltage to cab. Curciut breaker should have two heavy 4 ga. wires going to it, one on each terminal. Temperarily hook the two wires on same terminal and then check voltage. Hyper Harvest II

big_orange

How many volts you show with no loadIJ Should be around 14.5.

Hyper_Harvest_II

South of Iowa City,IA about 30 miles.(Washington,IA)

IowaDan

Here's the latest. Pulled batteries and had them tested and they were fine. Altenator is OK. Put new console relay on and it seems better but still has voltage drop when unload auger is in auto mode. In manual mode needle does't move. With cab fan, header and seperator on, it maintains about 13 volts. Drops to 12 when swinging unload auger.

lee

I put a jumper wire on the relay and my symptoms are the same as IowaDans. I will get a new relay tomorrow. The jumper wire improved my voltage enough that my low voltage light doesn't come on anymore. IowaDan, this is the seed dealer at Polk City. Been to Moss lately. Crops OK in WintersetIJ Pretty good beans for me. Going to start corn this weekend but don't know what to expect. Steve