Combines 1997 R 72

sidekick

Sounds like you covered everything.I once had injector tip blow off 8V92DDA.Ran fine but smoked like a Mack truck.Didn't miss at any speed,pulled fine etc..Spent over a day daignosing and found nothing.The injectors had been replaced about a month before(remans)so I automatically ruled out injectors.WRONG!I was at my wits end and began teardown for overhaul.Pulled injectors first and the 7th one out had the tip missing!WAlAHH!! IT was still under warranty too.

Gleamer

Have your injectors checked again, our mechanic says the lower sulphur fuels we now have to buy will not disperse water like the old fuel did. He has had several with missing tips or fractured tips(microscopic). We had a 3208 Cat that this happened to, had them checked and they all popped fine on the bench cold, still same, had the pump rebuilt, needed very little and still same problem, put a rebuilt set of injectors in and fixed it, bought an extra injector for spare and it never did happen again. $60.00 insurance policy that paid off... Dont know why off road fuel is so critical to have to be as clean as road fuel, it is a drop in the bucket as compaired the others, that is a topic we could discuss all winter.

dairyfarmer

cook tractor i think might have one over here at breese or germantown illinois store i have to look there number up i will 2nite and post it dairyfarmer

dairyfarmer

forgot the other nite to post the number is 618-526-4244 dairyfarmer