Combines header control

ohio_farm_boy

thanks for the help checked voltages all ok, I think the problem is the fellows that had it before had the adjustments so out of wack it couldnt work, they had it so when in the running position the arm on the switch was clear to the rear and couldnt move. I adjusted it so it was more in the middle it seems to work now.

IowaDan

Make sure that your rate of raise and lower is not set to fast. I think the book says it should take about 8 seconds to fully raise or lower the header. I know if I have mine set to fast, I get that header bounce when it's in the automatic mode.

oldstruck

Thanks Dan, I will check that in the morning. it worked ok in the flat bottom this afternoon, We had to stop when the temp dropped 20 degrees this afternoon in 1 hour!

oldstruck

OOPS! Hey Dan, may I askIJ Where are you in IowaIJ Is it you that is running an R42IJ Thanks! my email is sh45422@alltel.net

IowaDan

I'm in Winterset, Iowa about 30 miles southwest of Des Moines. Yes, I have an R42. It's a 1993 with the deutz engine.

oldstruck

I thougth so, I am wondering since we have an R42 also, Have you done any modifications to the threshing systemIJ I will assume you raise corn and beans, anything elseIJ We raise corn, beans, milo and wheat. Hope to chat more! Thanks!