Combines 1480 concaves

Unit_2

North, have you thought about having your old concaves hard surfacedIJ I have had that done to the concaves on most of the combines I have owned. A good job of hard surfacing will run two to three times as many acres as the OEM concaves. That's my experience. K.A.

Mark

I agree, look at a loewen one. There is none on the market built as good as this one. They don't call it the "stone crusher" for nothing.

Rotor_Man

I agree about lowen,they are a very rugged looking piece of equipment. I would guess double the heft of IH. When I checked on heavier concaves, the IH dealer said to stay with the weak IH concaves. He said better to bend the concaves than everything else. This did sound reasonable to a point. I went with Harvest concaves which are about half way between IH and lowen. The best thing I have found is the lowen concave shock kit. This replaces the solid concave hanger rods with spring loaded ones that allow the tight side of the concaves to spring open when a green slug or a small rock gets in there. This is the best of both worlds,you can use very strong concaves yet have them spring open to let a slug get through without damage. Another benifit is that it is much harder to plug the rotor with the concave shock kit installed. In green weedy conditions I dont slug the machine 1_4 as often, and if I do it is usually slugged in the seperator grate area.

Chris

I guess IHC has to make some excuse to sell their weak concaves, but what a weak sales pitch. "Buy a weak CASEIHC concave, so you don't break_bend some other weak part." Is the whole combine going to break up when you put through a lumpIJ How are you going to do a good job threshing if the concave bends the first time a lump goes throughIJ Run off to CASEIHC and pick up another set of concaves, and then again the second time, and again, and again, till you have no time to harvest. There are farmers that replace the CASEIHC concaves with aftermarket as soon as they get their new combine home. Have you ever heard of anyone installing a decent concave, and ending up bending other stuffIJ I haven't. If you say tubes, -they bend with IHC concaves also. The shock kit you mention, by loewen, sounds like an excellent idea. Thanks.

D

Along with Designing and manufacturing "The Disrupter" I also rebuild and hard surface all kinds of concaves.(reinforced and guaranteed 3000 hours) Your 1480 concaves are easy to UPS, we have concaves in stock for exchange and also rotor bars, Ears, and inserts and many other parts. Call me at 1-800-235-4461. Estes Mfg. Co.

cropharvest

Sunnybrook manufactures top notch parts. I believe they make the heaviest concave available out there. I have seen their products at farm shows, it is very precisely made. I believe their web site is www.sunnybrookwelding.com there you can find other contact information as well. happy hunting

RPM

If the customer wrecks that many concaves I would train the operator differently or replace them. Anyway CASE-IH points to Zero in the concaves, the curve is not constant arc, they have done a lot of testing and design work on this for maximum capacity in all crops_conditions. The new concaves are 1 piece to simplify mfg and $. They are also hardened more. The support tubes have solid shafts for some time, cant recall exactly but think all 21_23 have them. I work for CASE-IH dealer.