Combines lateral tilt

tbran

yeah, BUT, gleaner didn't come out with their own just to compete with Hart-Carter. Feeding is a real science with a lTM and requires many gizmos and pumps and sensors and monitors and adjustments and drum changes and on and on and on. on less than 25 ' header and unless your limiting factor is poor feeding because of needing a lTM on very unlevel ground..... , try not to go here...just my opinion others may vary , title, taxes, license and dealer prep. not included.... :)

04a72

We have factory lateral tilt fitted to an R62 1996 model, 30ft

dibber

You will really like the 800 series header. We bought a R72 this summer and that has the lateral tilt on it. As far as the older corn head I don't think it would be worth it. It would take major modifying to do it. Because the feeder house opening in the header has to be longer and wider. and its the longer part that would make it very difficult to do. You would be farther ahead getting the new header to fit the machine. And then add the lateral float and header height kit to it so it works like the flex header. This makes it real easy to run at the higher ground speeds that you will be picking at.

acre_eater

You can get an adapter kit from agco to convert hugger heads with out lateral tilt to work with lateral tilt we did it to our's last fall was pretty easy to do and worked realy well.lateral tilt has to be one of the best things ever put on a combine!!

leroy

I put a JD643 head on my R50 this year. I bought it for a bargain price. I built my own adapter. I found it relatively easy to make the adapter. In the past I had a Bish head adapter on another machine and was less than impressed with it. It gave me a lot of trouble. The John Deere head is a beauty, with incredible capacity. I have never run a Hugger so I won't fault it, but I know that this JD head will outshine my '89 black corn head. If you are interested I could give you more details on making it fit.

BC_farmer

I have a 98 R-62 with lateral tilt on it and it works great. We've had it for a year and are still amazed watching it work.I would never go back to the standard throat.I think you can get it for your 94 but it's expensive something like 5-6 thousand for the throat, plus I believe that you need an 800 head to use it.But if you have ditchs,furrows or rolling ground I'm sure that you'll agree with me. Good luck!!

Mike

I would be happy to hear comments from those experienced. We traded our R62 with 525 for a 72 with a 830 flex. Did not have lateral tilt on the old machine. I hope were not setting ourselves up for an electronic nightmare.

minorfarmer

Have an R62 with the smart-trac (lateral tilt) and 30' flex. No duals, couldn't get down some roads and bridges. Easy to set up and run. The newer height control is a lot nicer too. They both run together in the same unit. 2001 R62 coming with same set-up. Would never have another without the lateral. Have the corn head set up with it too. Great for down corn. Amazing how much it works with our ground pretty flat. I wouldn't worry at all, just look forward to running it.

acre_eater

No matter how much you think your going to like it when you get to the field with it your going to like it better yet!! Tim