Combines grain tank floor worn through

Steve_from_Tn

Mark, some people take the unloading auger out of the bin. I think this will make repair work a lot easier. I did not remove this auger. I like to do things the hard way. I cut a piece of sheet metal the width of the bin and wide enough to reach a foot or two on each side of the unloading auger. We pushed it under the auger and pushed it so that it had a good fit against the floor of the bin. We drilled holes and put in pop rivets every few inches. Put as many pop rivets as you can make your self do. I think it would be a good idea to silcone-calk around the edge of the patch to prevent grain from getting under the patch. Again, I didn't do that. Should have.

marshall

I made a pattern out of card board to fit the bottom of the hopper. I had a machine shop roll me a piece of 14 GA Galv. material to fit the pattern. I pushed it under the auger and pop riveted it in. Then I sealed the edges (all the way around) with JB Weld. It has been in serve for about 1500 hrs with no signs of failing.

willis

I agree with Aussie i had a piece rolled for my grain tank and under both distribution augers on my N6 and hired a local welder who had a mig. He took a porta power and pressed it down in to a tight fit and mig welded, better than new ever was!!! Some times it is worth the extra money and time, besides what will happen when those rivets get caught by the auger flightingIJ Won't be pretty. Willis Kinder Bliss, Idaho

Tom_Russell

I totally agree with you guysDo it right the first time. A butcher shop repair job depreciates the value of machinery at trade-in time a great deal more than can be saved by cutting corners.

Planter

We just repaired the hole on our on our l3. Contact Flanagan Implement in Flanagan Il. They had a pre cut piece and the rivets for $130.00 Make sure to take the auger out of the bottom. It makes it alot easier to repair.

T3

I used some 18 gauge stanless steel and covered the entire bottom of the gain tank on my M2. I bolted it in with stainless bolts.