Combines Big new GlassyeanerIJ

RamRod

They have a Massey 9690 at the Clay County Fair at Spencer Iowa that I saw yesterday. Has the same cab as the new R75 which is there also. I like the cab very well. Would comment that the 9690 has rasp bars similar to the Gleaner, but saw they have reverse bars which will reduce capacity. Also the engine compartment is very tight to have nice access. The smallest of the NH bumble bee CR's was there. The cab is fine too. Otherwise not impressed. Too complex. The most complex drives on a combine next to the lexions. This Fair in NW Iowa is on through next Sunday the 15th of Sept. They offer no field demo's however.

Cutter

As one who is not as mechanically inclined as most, I find that my lexion combines are far easier to work on than any of my previous red or green combines. What makes the lexion so intimidating is everything is exposed to the eye when the side doors are lifted. Typically, competitiors (red and green) like to hide several belts, drives, etc. to make the machine more aesthetically pleasing but, are still relatively complicated. I have to admit that there are far fewer drive mechanisms on the Massey_Challenger combines but, think of capacity! The lexions are a far more advanced machine with far more productivity potential than most competitors. The new models from CNH (CIH and NH) are taking advantage of advanced developments in drives and grain handling concepts found on lexion combines and the proto-type Bi-Rotor (i.e., the CIH AFX 7, 8010 combines). The Massey_Challenger combines will no doubt make a fine "economical" contribution to the combine market, especially for those operations wishing to remian in a relatively unchanged fashion towards advancements in technology and willing to compromise on productivity.

Harvester

Who has to compromise on productivityIJ I do believe the MF_Challenger class VII machines will put the 9750 STS, NH CR, yes, even perhaps our R75, and even the big lexions to shame. It's not all about horsepower, but how you use that horsepower, as we hyperizing fans know.

T__langan

Please enlighten us stone-age AGCO combine users as to what you mean by "advanced developments in drives and grain handling concepts". What sort of "advanced" drives to the lexions use compared to our outdated belts, gears, and chains. And I'm sure that our elevators and augers are outdated too compared to whatever the lexions use for grain handling. Do the lexions "beam up" grain from the shoe to the hopperIJ Please explain yourself - I'm quite curious... Tom langan

still_galvanized

Amen neighbor. These guys who change colors every couple years for lack of financing or whatever makes them jump into unfamilar equipmentand different group of dealers, really bug me when they wise-off about things they obviously have little experence with!

T__langan

Here are some pics of the new Masseaners. Compliments of Nathan Korpan, aka AGCO Fan. Interesting rotor - like someone said, looks like Gleaner rasp bars and the dreaded Gleaner reverse bars (light reflects differently in the pic off the reverse bar). Reverse bar appears to be near the threshing section though. Also, look at what's below the full-length rasp bar - looks like tbran's disrupters! And the top row with just a short section of rasp - are they leaving blank spots like we are doing with our Hyperized GleanersIJ Are they bolting the F2 rasp bars in the bottom of the cage tooIJ! Why aren't the Series V Gleaners set up this way tooIJ Have any of you guys who've actually SEEN a Series V looked at the processor to see if there is any Hyperizing being done on themIJ Click on the link below for the pics... Tom langan

Brian

The lexion is a certainly a technologically advanced machine that performs well...we've test driven one ourselves and found it hard not to be impressed. I certainly can't say that our R-60 and R-72 can run circles around a Cat of similar size, or that the grain sample was superior, or even that our Gleaners have lower harvest losses. However, what makes me continue to think that the Gleaner design is actually the engineering marvel compared to the lexions and other large rotor competitors is that one can take a R-72 put a 30 ft. flex or 12 row corn head on them and drive as fast as field conditions and headers allow and still have low harvest losses, good samples, etc... Yes we could drive fast with the lexion but we can with our combines too. It still amazes me how an 88" long rotor can thresh and separate what it takes the lexion to do with the pre thresher and huge rotors. Same goes for the self-leveling mechanisms that many machines have on their grain pans compared to the Gleaner accelerator rolls. Simply put, we can do the same with less. I think you may be correct in stating the lexion has more "productivity potential" but until they make something like 40' flex heads and 16 row corn heads this productivity difference will remain potential because we can already out run the heads we have. What good would this potential really do us until these larger heads come alongIJ I'm not bashing you, the lexion, or other brands but if you havent been in a R-72 for a while I wouldn't say too much about compromising productivity.

AGCOfan

I don't deserve credit for the pics, they were sent to me by a man named "MAB" over on agriculture.com and if he visits this sit, thank you very much. I didn't get his real name cause I had to quickly save those pics he sent me then delete them so he could send me more. I just sent them to Tom and thanks to tom for posting them on his site for us. There an amazing machine.

John_W

The rotor reminds me of the modified rotors that St John Welding was_is selling for CIH, Massey and NH combines. Same straight rasp bars.

Kelly

Whomever "MAB" is,he would have to be a Massey dealer. He also owes royalty fees to somebody looking at that Massey rotor. :) So much for the witness protection program. Kelly