Combines l3 Hydro Problems HElP

tbran

What kind of hydro, Sunstrand, Dennison or Dyna-powerIJ Are you sure you are getting 300n of pressure to the hydro - you have a double pump one for hydraulic functions and one section for hydro charge pump, I have seen the gear spin on the shaft in the pump thus rendering no pumping action in this section. Most units have a male small size hyraulic plug on the aluminum canister for checking charge pump pressure. There is also a coupler between the hydro output shaft and trans input shaft that can have spline wear as can the axel couplers; they can catch and somtimes pull and sometimes slip. If it is in the hydro itself, need to know what kind it is for additional troubleshooting. BTW it isn't a rear wheel assist is it, as this brings on a different set of possibilities.

TN_Gleaner

Thanks for reply You seem to be really knowledgeable from posts I have been reading The hydro is Dyna Power The tag has been removed so I have no numbers I took the complete pump assembly off the l2 and put on the l3 works on l2 does same as other on l3 And I forgot to say It is RWA And maybe this is the clue The lines are taken loose and capped Not sure why that was done but it may be the answer I have checked alot but seem to be getting nowhere Need to be in field and not doing repairs Thanks Randy

buckeyegleaner

is your hydraulic oil getting hotIJIJ does it have an aftermarket chaff spreader on it i think heat could be your problem maybe electric cab switch stuck in on position creating heatIJIJIJ ask the old owner if he ever had problemIJIJ thanks tom

tbran

OK this is my best guess. The Dyna power has a lever attached to the cable on the hydro. When the cable moves the shaft inside the servo (the little cyl on top of the hydro) and this directs oil to one side of the cylinder in top . The piston inside has an arm attached to it and this moves the squash plate and either pumps oil to the top or bottom of the motor thus moving the combine forward or reverse. There is (barring a coupler problem again) a problem in the shaft diversion area, the servo piston, the pin that goes into the plate arm , or the control arm - held on by two allenhead bolts - that moves the squash plate. Wish I could be more specific.

tbran

also the RWA lines being capped usually indicates one of the RWA motors or planetary sets is_are down. If the other hydro is ok can you switch themIJ Grasping for straws to get you going...

Curt

If it has the same hydro as an M2 I would check the fork inside that controls the flow direction. look where your cable attaches to the hydro unit. The rod that cable moves back and forth has a fork on it inside of the servo this is an open ended fork that if pushed too far can come off of the pin that operates the control of the flow. Once the fork comes off it won't find it's way back on until you reset it. When our machine did this it would usually go forward and back maybe once or twice till the oil warmed up and then nothing, or if you were going forward and pulled back on the lever it would continue going forward. If this sounds like your problem make sure that when you put the fork back on the pin that you also adjust your cable so that when the servo is in neutral that the arm the cable is attached to is facing the rear of the machine. I hope some of this makes sense. Curt

TN_Gleaner

New Info It looks like what is happening is the orifice at the servo on hydro is stopping up with some sort of trash You can blow it out and hydro will again work But after shut down it is inoperable again I assume this means there is some foreign matter in hydro case So next IJ is how to get rid of any kind of fluid that could be used to flush it out maybe put a filter in that line until it catches allIJIJIJ not sure this will end up being only problem but looks like it may be the 1st step Thanks Randy