Combines R62 vs

T__langan

Nathan - what size head was on the Hypered N5IJ We've run as fast as 6.5 mph w_6 row Hugger in 18% corn that was running 160+ bu_acre with nearly zero loss. I'm curious since I always imagined that those N5's had more potential than the 50_52 with that super-large shoe. Thanks, Tom langan

John

Not to fear Tom, if the N5 is hyperized with the cage opened up, the only slow down will be that it has one cross feed auger and the N6_7 have 2 and even out the flow better when running at high speeds. And yes the N_R 5 have a larger shoe than the the R50_52 to handle the capacity. My N6 hyperized runs wide open 2nd gear and the meter reads over 7 mph with 6r30, contours and ends are the only thing to slow it down beside unloading. The 320 is also a slow down or I push beans over. And the Pacer wants more at 7 mph and 180+, even 200+ corn. Uncle's 2388 won't keep up with equal heads sizes. And the neighbors STS we won't go there, ROFlMAO! Neighbors R62 hyper'd is great as is the neighborhood White_Massey Rotor.

RamRod

OK I'll be the fool to ask -- What does the RAFlMAO meanIJIJIJ

Oedie86

Rolling On (The, which was omitted) Floor laughing My A$$ Off

cornchopper

I just wanted to comment on the R62 vs. debate. I run a 1998 R62 that I bought in 99 with 500 hours. The first harvest I cut wheat with a 9600 and two 9500 with stripper heads. I could cut two to three miles per hour faster with a direct cut head. I then cut sunflowers with a 9610 deere and a 480 Cat. We all had MacDon draper heads with pans of my own design. The deere could run 2 mph, the cat 4 mph, and I could run 6 mph with my R62. To add injury to insult we cut over 15,000 acres with the three machines and my only breakdown was a hydraulic hose on the Macdon header while the $200,000IJ cat sat in the corner of the field most of the time. I've cut high moisture corn with a 9600 and could easily out cut it, but the best thing about my R62 is that has very few breakdowns. In the last 1000 hours I have spent less than $2000 in parts and have had to only replace a fan belt in the field. Considering the high productivity, low grain loss, low dockage, and limited downtime I wouldn't consider owning a different color. All of my neighbors brag about the service their John Deere dealer provides. I'm happy owning something that doesn't require constant babysiting by the dealer to keep going.