Combines A C fan problems

tbran

Best I can remember the fan should only pull around 8 amps on high. If you run only the the fan does it get hotIJ If not the wire going to the thermostat and then to the AC relay in the box mounted to the grain bin is the culprit. I would guess either the relay is bad or more likely the thermostat wire is pulling the two blower motors in the condensor unit. This thermostat wire is only the trigger wire to the relay that pulls the condensor blower motors from the engine harness power source via relay.

Rig

Is the conductor inside the fuse melting or the solder melting at the endIJ I have seen this happen a number of times on Gleaner fuse blocks. Replace the terminal on the hot wire and if you can, cut off some wire before replacing the terminal. Move the wire to another fuse holder if you can. Once that wire and terminal go through a number of heat cycles it develops resistance and will continue to heat even with small loads. I had a welding equipment tech tell me one time that conductors do wear out, especially when exposed to heat.

Galvinized_Grinder

Thanks a lot for the helpful info. The A_C works fine now. Happy Harvesting!