Combines needing pointers l2 l3 upgrade

Tom_Russell

Tom, I had a super nice l2 that I bought new and I assumed it would be around here until I retire. My family persuaded me to buy a used R60 because they thought I might have a heart attack unplugging the l2. Today I am happy as a kid in a candy store with the rotary and I really like the head reverser. l2s are nearly impossible to find in my part of the world because they have a reputation as an excellent machine for moderate size farms. The big trick is to find one that isnt already worn out. There are many improvements from the first ones to the latest, but condition is more important than anything else. Good luck and holler if you have other questions. Tom in MN

marshall

I have a '84 l3. Great machine. It will harvest 8 acres per hour with the St. Johns cylinder in 60 bu wheat, 5000lb Milo and 40 bu beans. It would do about 6 acres per hour with the stock cylinder. It is very important to have the header feeding well. I just bought a N7 so I will know next May how the N7 compairs to the l3. No - I am not selling the l3.