Combines l2 Bin Unloader How to add or replace balls

Ken

Just get yourself an aftermarket one, the one that comes without balls, then you are set. It comes with a nylon strip. Worthington Ag Parts has them. Also Abilene or Sloan.

Gleanerpilot

Randy, It's not too hard to add the balls. I had to do that a couple of years ago. Just remove the auger and take the auger tube off at the pivot by removing the bolts holding the tube and the ring onto the swivel. Just let the tube rest on the support until you get it lifted off. On the ring, you should find a small plug, about the size of a dime, tack welded. Grind off the welds and use a chisel to break loose that plug. You can then add balls as needed to fill the ring. Make sure you check the balls that are still in there, as they can wear down a great deal. Then, if you add new balls, the old ones will bind against the new, larger ones. Just make sure that all the balls are pretty close in size. Once you have all the needed balls in, be sure that everything rolls smoothly. Then, weld the plug back in. If you were careful when you removed it, you can reuse the old one. Otherwise, get a new one. Then just reassemble the tube and bolt back on. When I did mine, we found that the ball bearings from an old disk bearing were the right size. Just cut the race out of the bearing and use the balls. But you have to make sure they are the right size, or you will have trouble. Hope this gets you going! You want to make sure everything is snug in there, because it's no fun when the auger tube falls off! I know from experience!! Happy Harvesting! Gleanerpilot

tbran

let me see if I understand, if your balls wear out or get rusty, then the tube can fall offIJ Oh my gosh..........honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gleanerpilot

Tbran, The key is to keep things well lubricated!!! Gleanerpilot

lblindsey

On an M2 it takes 126 1_2 inch steel balls. Probably the same for the l2. Bearing supply stores carry or can get them.