Combines ANY C 62 OUT THERE

Harvester

The C62 would be a great choice for you. It seems to have found its greatest popularity in western provinces of Canada and some areas of northwestern US. It excels in the crops you mentioned, particularly canolas, barleys, flax, peas, wheat, etc. We have found that it will almost keep up to the R62s in capacity (maintaining low losses),provided it is properly configured with concave wire spacing and the installation of tall walker risers. When conditions get tough, the C will sometimes outdo the R62. I wouldn't worry about the drives on the C. For the most part, they are common with the Rs and the C has been a very reliable combine. The accelerator belt in the back is a great feature as well. For fun, we've taken the C against the neighbors' 9610, 9650 conventional and 9650 STS combines, and it will outperform them easily, not that that's a difficult thing to do. It is not unusual for us to cut at 5 mph in the same field as the JDs cut at 2.5 mph with same heads and we put an astonishingly clean sample in bin at just under 1% loss.

SilverTurnedGreen

I have both a C62 as well as a Deere 9650CWS and I have been very impressed with the C62. It keeps up to the Deere in most conditions but excels in sidehill operation. Walker risers_retarders are mandatory for this machine, although it seems a little hard on the straw for a conventional. Service has been good so far, but the fuel economy has much to be desired; - cummins has yet to get thier act together.

Big_red_machine

I find the same as the other comments-- even though mine is a red one. MF8680- ( same machine) Capacity is huge in the right conditions-- Apx. 20-25% bigger than a 9600 deere. But we have few challenges with Barley and long straw crops-- ( walker loss). Still acceptable-- but the machine has potential for more. Drives aren't really a concern, but watch the lower onloader auger gears and bearing ( vertical auger) there is an unmarked grease zerk in there and is covered by a shield-- also dark in there. Take off the cover and get a bar in there to check for play or roughness. As far as other things go , there are some mods available which seem to increase capacity and effeciencies. The biggest one is a Sunnybrook segmented , enclosed cylinder. Also watch rubber accerator rolls for wear-- there are steel ones available. feel free to email me for other comments ctoerper@hotmail.com

T__langan

Please post your source for the steel accelerator roll lugs. Thank you! Tom langan

Big_red_machine

The accelerator bars comefrom AGCO-- not sure if it was an experimental deal or not.