Combines r 52 upgrades

Harvester

Wouldn't be at all afraid of removing every other wire in the separator grate. In my opinion, this is a must on the R42_52 for capacity. Have never had anyone have any problems with wheat or milo, except when some was swathed and straw became extremely dry and brittle. In that case, it did allow more trash to fall to cleaning system, but crank up the fan air and you can still keep it out of the bin. I would not recommend removing every other cylinder bar on the rotor. We've got a regional combine rep up here who has given meetings and with whom I talk on occasion. He said that a guy can get away with only running 1_2 the number of bars on the rotor in corn (one way to reduce cob breakage),but problems can appear in soybeans and small grains so it is really only a configuration suited to corn. We tried this back on the P3 R60s_70s and found it did work in corn, but fell short in beans and especially in small grains.

T__langan

I was told the same thing about removal of rows of bars. Told it worked well in corn to prevent cob breakup, worked ok in green stemmed beans at times and other times made things WORSE. So I took the middle road - I removed rows of bars in the separator only, maintaining all the bars in the threshing section. About 6" or so of the middle row of bars need to be cut off to do this. Also have two of the F2 bars in separator belly. We've cut 45 acres of green-stemmed beans so far with this setup and it's worked very well. Not tried in corn yet so can't report. Click on the link below for a pic I took of the rotor before reinstallation. Feel free to email if you have additional questions... Tom langan