Combines First day Sunnybrook Maxi Hyper

Brian

Glad to hear it is working out! Please keep us informed...especially when you get to corn. The idea of an enclosed cylinder has intrigued me for some time. George Kuchar even sells a cylinder bar filler kit for Gleaners...he says only mod you need in a Gleaner. Supposed to keep material forced to outside of cage for better separation. Thanks again.

Tom_Russell

There is a comment in an earlier thread that says enclosed rotors cause more dust from the feeder house. What are your observationsIJ Thanks Tom in MN

RamRod

Tom, I noticed no dust at the feeder house, but would say that with the green tough conditions, wouldn't be a good day for judging that. Will note more on this later. The rotor is soo much heavier that the rotating kinetic energy is a big help. I ran some in high gear at 700 to 800, and think that factor will make it easier on belt life running that way.

RamRod

Brian, I think filler bars would be some help, but think there is much more to be gained by the Sunnybrook. Extra mass as I noted to Tom, and the offset sections of thresher bars get you 16 points of load on drives versus 8 on regular rotor. This made it possible to run on the low gear and still be very smooth. This also lets you get rid of the disruptive load of the seperator grate. Seems not to be needed, but I still have the option of tightening that grate if needed.

Gamaman

Ramrod You mentioned that the loewen grate was the same material. Are you saying that it is the same rectangular grating used in the rest of the cageIJ Also do you know how much heavier the enclosed rotor is compared to stockIJ If the enclosed rotor is sealed well, eliminating material buildup and the out of balance problems would be great! Have a safe harvest

camshaft

Tom, No dust out my feeder house with the Sunnybrook. (P1 R60)

RamRod

Yes, the sep grate is the same square open material of the rest of the cage. Also, absolutely always in balance - nice! I don't have specs on weight comparisons, but handling and installing showed it is about 75% heavier - and that weight is in the outer circumference. Responding to header dust - certainly not more than the regular rotor has.

Silverseeder

I run a sunnybrook rotor and concave in an N-6. Haven't noticed any more dust than normal. The grain quality and capacity of the machine are just plain awesome. The set up works well for a lot of crops. High moisture corn and milo especially. Green rubbery sunflower plants presented no problems. Ran the rotor as slow as possible and had an excellent grain sample, with 3 percent Foreign Matter and 33n test. Allowed me to cut sunflowers when they would typically have been to wet.

RamRod

You mention running slow rotor speed. From only two days use in soybeans, I notice that higher speed (650 to 750) will crack beans more than the standard rotor did. This may be because the rasp bars are set in square up. The standard one has the bars angled considerably tipped forward. When beans are at all fit, can run at 500 on low side and get near zero splits. This would be a good choice if one was doing seed bean work.

RamRod

One final observation on Sunnybrook. They have adjustable paddles at the discharge end which company recommends to be in raised position corn and beans so corn cobs are not broken up. I started that way, but broke chopper belt as grass green straw develops bunches in the end and feeds bigger wads to the chopper. I set paddles down as I put new belt on. Can see on field residue that chopper is fed more evenly, and there is still 1 1_4 inch at least under the paddles so shouldn't have a problem in corn.