Combines First day Sunnybrook Maxi Hyper

T__langan

Just an observation - but who cares if cobs are broken up at the discharge end of the rotorIJ As long as they're not getting ground up over the threshing concave and cob bits overloading the shoe, I wouldn't care if they came out of the discharge ground up like BB's - other than possibly taking a little extra power. It is impressive to be able to roll whole cobs through a rotary though. Tom langan

RamRod

Tom, Even at the far end of the discharge, broken cobs could get through the grate and add some more to the shoe to handle - I am sure not to be a problem though. Another thing I did was to remove all but one extended helical into the discharge section. The Sunnybrook has a "kicker" plate to kick material into the discharge section, and material was getting too far toward the stop sign, loading the chopper at the end side. I could tell this by the wear on the stationary knives of the chopper after one day use.

big_boy

I too installed the generation 2 sunnybroke rotor in my 95 R62 along with the 68 inch helicals and the wedge from Hurrt Equipment and I cannot believe the increase in capacity compared to last year. I am cutting 45 Bu beans at 425 cylinder RPM, 30 ft head and 5 MPH with zero splits and zero FM and near zero machine loss. Most of the beans are at 9 to 11 per cent moisture but I had to cut one quarter mile through 20 Percent + moisture beans to get to a field of dry beans, the high moisture beans had green stems and still had about one fourth of the leaves on them and yet there was no rumble from the cylinder but I did have to slow down to 4 MPH to keep the RPM up on the air diesel. I have rented a 2388 and hired a 9610 and believe me niether came close to having the capacity or the grain sample of this combine.

RamRod

Hey bigboy, I want to know about the 68" helicals - how are they different from standard, and what is the "wedge". Always looking for something I may have missed out on. Thanks.

big_boy

Ram Rod if you want to see the wedge click on Tips at the left side of page and then Gleaner upgrades and then P3 processor and at last click on step 8. Hurtt Equipment in Hoople ND sells one that is ready to bolt in. I believe the high speed helicals (68 inch) were originaly designed for rice but they really work well in beans because they get the material out of the cage faster and that means a lot more capacity. I installed the high speed kit from AGCO and then I added one more long helical and one more medium length helical to the high speed kit. I also installed the hump kit on the concave door along with the Sunnybroke rotor.If the beans are making 40 BPA I can cut 150 acres a day with no problem.

RamRod

Bigboy, I will want to see the rest of the year on our beans and how this works on corn before making any more changes. Have you used your current setup on corn yetIJ I might be concerned if that would move corn through so fast that you might have rotor lossIJIJ let me know how it performs in all conditions. Thanks alot!

RamRod

I have that wedge kit in a sense - I just fabricated my own part to fill in the helical over the top left feeder opening. I hadn't heard it called a wedge kit before. Semantics.