Combines R 52 update report

T__langan

Bob - If you're happy with the results, run with it! But I'll jump in here to say that the combination of removed bars and your belly rasp bar are what we've come up with the replace the reverse bars. If you find yourself with some extra time to play around, try switching those reverse bars for forward bars and see if you gain anything in power. I'm curious what configuration did you use when you removed barsIJ How many, and where did you remove them fromIJ Best of luck, Tom langan

brassring

Tom I removed every other row of bars completely except for the end pieces that go into the discharge area. I have the reverse bars in the second bar spot and 180 around I put the other one on the discharge end may try taking out the reverse bars but right now is not the time to play around with something that is working right now thanks Bob

4farms

Have you run any corn with that setup yetIJ I would be curious if it would help to keep corn from going out the rotor. I have a R-50 with all reverse bars removed and replaced with the 1_2 height bars with rasp bar in bottom of sep grate and still seem to see a quite a bit of corn coming out. Did you remove the bars just in the middle section or on the threshing side as wellIJ Any advice would be appreciated. By the way we had no rain all summer and corn is only making about 110 so I know I'm not overloading it.

brassring

I removed the COMPlETE row (every other)we started corn this afternoon, no more ripe beans seems to have a little too much going out the rotor have to run 5.5 to six mph to keep it full at this speed not much going out the rotor (no rain either corn running about 80 to 90 bu.) but really hard to control in the hills, increased rotor speed to 425 seems to help but now grinding up some, rotor clearance set at 12, going to try and put forward bars inplace of the two reverse bars I have in, the setup worked great in beans now corn is different any sugesstionsIJ

T__langan

I don't remember if you mentioned that you removed every other wire from both concaves - at least if it's an older machine with the low wire concaves. If its a newer 52, I think they just need wires removed from sep. grate. If you haven't, that will help a good deal. We combined about 5 loads of high moisture corn yesterday. Corn was running wet - first field we made a round in was about 36%, other field was about 32%. With our rotor setup (I'll post a link below to a pic),rotor loss was down dramaticly from prior years before Hyperizing - we always had worst losses in wet corn. We were breaking cobs up more than I'd like to see, but hadn't dropped the front of the concave yet either to put more of a wedge in it. Decided to wait a few days before doing any more. I'm guessing that if corn gets down to 28%, we will have next to nothing for rotor loss. We also need to replace our 1_2" rasp bars with the newer 3_4" rasps. That's on the agenda for next year... Anyhow, here's a link to a pic of our Hyperized rotor. Running two F2 bars in belly, wires removed, all helical work done. Tom langan PS: Brassring - have you noticed any reduction in cob breakup with rows removed in threshing area like thatIJ

brassring

Tom we just started shelling corn Saturday evening running about 22% moisture corn only running about 80-90 bu. having hard time driving fast enough to keep machine full as long as I drive fast enough it's not too bad worked Sunday morning leveling cage found it not level from factory (it;s a new machine but it's a 1998) very left over!! took out 1 reverser bar but still have one in now we have a little more lose out over the shoe. no we did not remove the wires yet in the seperator, threasher has the wide spaced hi wire may put the other reverser back in didn't have any loss out over the shoe before cobs are mussy from the drought but they seem to be coming out about half cobs fairly clean in tank except for a little too much fines any tipsIJ thanks for all the help. Bob

T__langan

How big is your corn headIJ How fast were you goingIJ Often times not keeping a combine full will result in loss - but a guy can only drive so fast too, rightIJ! First thing - Get those wires out of the sep. grate!!! Has it plugged with soft cob tips yetIJ If not, it will! Another thing we've done in low yield corn is to slow the rotor way down. Slows material through the rotor and helps to keep it full. At 22% I don't think you'd need to run it over 300 rpm - maybe less. Keep slowing it down and see what happens. Will probably help with damage too. Your shoe loss might be from running less than full capacity too. I've watched the shoe when combine is turning on headlands, going through waterways, etc, and kernals bounce right out the back. As soon as it's filled, it cleans right up. One year we did custom work for a guy on some very poor land. Had an M3 at the time that always did an excellent job but we couldn't stop that thing from loosing corn no how. About ready to pull our hair out by the time we finished that field. Next field was good corn - pulled in and cut halfway doen the field, stopped to check how she was doing and had a hard time finding ANYTHING for loss. No changes made to settings between those fields! let us know what happens! Tom langan