Combines R 75

Rex

I saw it run at Husker Harvest Days and thought is was the only one that sounded like it had power. Everyother machine used a quiet muffler but the Gleaner sounded neat. The R-75 pushed through the field just as fast as the others and was doing a very good job. They were running in corn that was broke over and on the ground in places, so they all had to slow down or plug-up the header. Would like to run one and compare it to our R-72 with the duetz.

Ed_Boysun

Been there, done that. The M-11 will have the Deutz for lunch.

Mo

I was at the Farm Progress Show as well. The R75 did not have a good showing. All brands had 12-30 cornheads. Ground speed was a fair amount slower than the others. It was breaking up cob out of the discharge quite badly. It did seem to sound like it was working hard. I talked to one of the AGCO reps in the field. He told me that the 75 had every other rows of bars out but still had 4 reverse bars. He told me that the 75 was runnning 3 mph and was only pulling down about 50 rpm's. Also the reason for the small cob pieces out the discharge was because of the chopper. AGCO seemed very content with the job and speed that the 75 was running, but I did not hear any good comments from others watching. I am positive that our hyperized '93 R62 would have been much more impressive. Anyone else have some observationsIJ

T__langan

Two words - REVERSE BARS!! lOl!! And for "Mo" - those company reps are trained to act tickled about how their machine is running, no matter how bad it's really doing. Why do you call your F3 underpowerdIJ We had one and were always more than happy with how that scrappy little motor performed. Still does rank as our favorite Gleaner we have ever owned. Maybe you have a problem somewhere... Tom langan

RamRod

It makes me loose more confidence in AGCO_Gleaner company people if they can't see what farmer observers are seeing - Their machine underperforming and they are CONTENT with thatIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ Would someone please give those company people this web address so they can figure out how to set up their new machines!! At least put options in the order book like Sunnybrook rotor, Hyper helical setup, seperator grate options, etc!! Anyone have a connection to make a differenceIJ

Oedie86

Hey everyone, One question, will the C62 go to the V seriesIJ My dad and uncle went to the show on Wednesday. Talked to uncle yesterday, and his report was that there was not too many people there (in relation to how shi+y our economy is, although its about the best compared to anyone elses right now). He said that the only line was the food line and the shuttle. He said that years ago there used to be longer and more lines; also that there used to be huge flags and big tents for each display, not so any more. His notes: Corn @ morning: 1st: Deere: quiet and good sample 2nd: Case: quiet and a good sample 3rd: New Holland: once again quiet and a good sample (2nd and 3rd not necessairly in that order; which ever did better in the morning the other one did better w_beans) 4th: Gleaner: loud, throwing shi+ everywhere and broken cobs on the ground; people had to back away from the ropes, and not a really great sample. 5th: lexion: He said it was running the fastest, but worst sample. He was wondering if that was the best sample it could achieve so it picked up a lot of ground speed (which I doubt) or if they just wanted to show how fast it could run and put grain in the bin. Soybeans after lunch (i think): 1st: Deere again: Clean sample and ran quiet (Maybe they finally got the bugs worked out of their machineIJ!! lOl!) 2nd: New Holland: again quiet clean 3rd: Case: quiet and clean 4th: Gleaner: loud and dusty (maybe they were showing off their spreaderIJ) 5th: lexion Well if everyone thought how my uncle thought, then this may not have been too good of a show for the silver company. And now maybe Deere will be seen as a little more descent machine. Keep in mind we are Gleaner fans (owning a F, F3, and looking to go to a R4*). As my unlce says, "I am not color blind anymore." looks like we may start soys soon. Currently anywhere from 15%-20%. Corn is about 25%. I'm all typed out. Everyone have a happy and safe harvest. Ryan

mit9750

I missed husker harvest days. to busy up here in S.D.. how did the crops do at the showIJ and that areaIJ my uncle lives over by Arapahoe,Ne. and they are a wasteland I here. Its funny how the boys can build the machines yet have a hard time setting them up. I think they need a few days in the field before the show. was wondering which lexion was running mach 4 and throwing grainIJ i think its funny myself. That seemed like a very fair report on all of the machines. all in all, they all do the job,,, ya by what ya git parts and service for. mit9750

Brian

I saw the combines run on Tuesday. Gleaner speed was not up to par thats for sure. I think they could have been able to go another .5 mph without changing their settings. As indicated below they had four rows of blanks and four reversers in, 300 cylinder rpms, chaffer at 5_8". Corn was yielding 220 at 20-21% moisture. I think they could have added speed by increasing cylinder rpms and opening chaffer to 3_4". No one was looking at sample anyway. Which according to Agco rep. was easily the best, but of course he was going to say that. I counted several times behind rotor, averaged 4 kernals_square foot. I think it takes 36 kernals for a bushel with 12 row head. Shoe losses were incredibly low also. I was very impressed with that...we've never had losses that low on our farm no matter what the setup. All the brands had pretty low losses but the Gleaner was clearly the lowest. Cat was the worst followed by Deere.

Rex

I live in western Nebraska, the drought is here and well. We have recieved around 7 to 8" of moisture since Jan. 1. 2 of those inches were just in the last 2 weeks. Dryland crops suffered very badly from total loss to below average. Irrigation wells ran non-stop since May. Many wells gave up, we lost one in August and were 44th in line before they could redrill it. The crops at Husker days looked a little off of usual, but not real bad. The combines rated by our group: best job, 9650sts (used, with a 8 row stalk chopper attachment) beat up on JD's new 9650 with a 12 row head(had to listen to the JD tech_engineers talk how great their machine was),the R-75 was next, Massey, JD's 9650 sts, Cat 480 or 470IJ, the worst job was easily the New Holland plastic covered 425 hp new one. It was throwing it out the back everywhere. It's funny how 1 tech's setting can affect so many opinions of a machine forever! They all did a good job except the New Holland, it needed some more fine tuning.

Brian

Also heard claim at FPS that Gleaner will introduce a "full" flex draper header for soybeans in 2 years. Supposed to be up to 36'. Anyone else hear of such a thingIJ Brian