Combines R62 feeder house problems

tbran

You are correct as the hump kit won't help THIS problem. We have found speeding up the header auger via the larger drive sprocket and the feed chain via the lateral tilt larger sheave makes a world of difference. I don't have the nos. at hand but they are on a post below. Of course we assume you are in the fast feed chain speed sheave side now and are not having bunching between the auger and the front chain, but rather due to back feeding between the two chains.IJ

Big_Boy

Today I was cutting 50 BPA green stem beans with 16% moisture and about 15% of the leaves were still on the plants. I have a 30 ft flex head and was driving 4.25 MPH and I would have driven faster but I was running out of power. The feed drums are 7 inches in diameter with the front feed drum stop set with (grain) in the up position. The rear feed drum stops I made and are the same as the factory ones only I drilled the hole one half inch higher in the stop allowing the drum th raise higher than the factory setting.The machine feeds great, the only thing I need is more than 330 horses pulling it in green beans.

T__l

Yes, I am on the fast side of the sheaves, and am having trouble with back feeding between the two chains. May have to try speeding up the auger today but am curious as to how that could help. I have tried all the different combinations with the drum stops and nothing seems to help. Put new slip clutch on yesterday, made no difference at all. Thanks for the suggestions.

T__l

Awesome! Thats what bugs me is that I am not even close to useing my 285 horses because I can't get the beans to the rotor that fast. These beans are making 65 to 70 bushels an acre and are probably close to 4 feet tall, so this is about as tough as it can get. Thanks for the feedback.

T__langan

Click on the link below, then scroll down to "GlEANER COMBINE PERFORMANCE POINTERS". Dan Hurtt is a pro at making Gleaners feed well and he has lots of good ideas listed here. Dan is the guy who "Invented" the feeder drum shocks that AGCO now includes as standard equipment. Good luck - let us know how things turn out. Tom langan

Turbo

Check floor under front drum for rear chain.We've had this area get bulged down,causing too much space between drum and floor.After we straightened and reinforced floor,worked okay.

T__langan

The part number for the lateral tilt larger sheave that tbran mentioned is listed under "Feederhouse Mods" after you click on "Hyper Mods" button to the left. 2nd from bottom. Good luck- Tom langan

Daryl

Have 42 same problem and it was driving me nuts So i heard of putting a hose in behind knife and what a mistake that was So i went over everything again and found out a little faster drive speed and faster reel speed with max pitch on real fingers. 40 acres latter one plug and 4 to 5.2 mph works greatI have drove JD and i think gleaners need more tinkering around with but the easy thing too do is put a large feeder house on them

T__langan

What trouble did you have with the hose modIJ What size hose did you useIJ Haven't run into too many that didn't like it. Just curious... Tom langan

combinekid

yeah must hyper because they sure wont do it with out hyper