Combines Silly question what can be done to hyperize my little Gleaner E

Doubleclutch

The biggest limiting factors I remember from the E we had was not threshing or feeding but overloading sieves and clean grain elevator if you got in really good corn. I don't know what you could do about that except trade up to a larger model...maybe the true gurus on the site have better ideas. Pat

ewbeye

Cut the chaffer adjusting rod about 8-12 inches from the front of the chaffer, then attach another adjusting lever to this 8-12inch area, seperate from the rest. With this you can open the front of chaffer more than the rest. While in better corn, you'll get more flow to the clean grain auger faster. So, once thats done, then you need to speed up your clean grain auger_elevator. You can do this by changing the size of your sprockets on the driven side of the clean grain auger_elevator or have it driven by the lower fan shaft. I have seen many K's and F's done this way. The K's clean grain auger's driven speed is 316rpm with a 11T sprocket. Its fan shaft speed is 1000rpm - so you need to be careful when using it to drive from. I think your E is very similar to a K with the exception of 2 cleaning fans, but you'll have to compare them yourself. The formula for speeding up or slowing down a shaft is easy. It is directly proportional to the number of teeth on the sprockets involved. Example, the driver shaft on a K is 249rpm at 14teeth and it powers a driven sprocket on the clean grain auger_elevator of 11teeth, so you take 249 x 14 divided by 11 equals 316, the rpm of the clean grain auger_elevator. A hundred rpms increase can increase your capacity tremendously and will not wear bearing, chains, and elevator paddles too much. The faster it goes the faster it will wear!

mo

I'm not familiar with that series of combine but basics are basics. Make sure that the fan blades have good uniform balanced blades with square edges positioned 1_8" from the cut off point and within 1_4" of the bottom of the housing. The fan should WHOP WHOP WHOP as it is spun past the cut off. The duct on top off and to the rear of the fan should be smooth and aimed at the front of the bottom sieve. lOl

Trent

A good place to start is the book "Combine settings for better harvesting" by Ray Stueckle. It covers most older models of all brands.