Combines Feeder Drum blocks

Tom_Russell

Same trouble here. I assume you are talking about the blocks for setting feed drum height. I think mine are full up for corn and beans. What setting do you useIJ Tom in MN

lbran

We run them up for corn and beans. Make sure you have it on the fast speed. Make sure the chain is running even in the feeder house. It could be over to one side too much, causing it to catch the inner supports on the feeder housing.Make sure it is running even. If it isn't, your rear sprockets have moved. Check front drum for brg failure.

Mr__Clean

Was running them in the corn position. Changed them yesterday to grain position and it seemed to work better. Have a new R52 and was delivered three days ago so have not had time to do any mods. Thanks

Dan

We run in grain position for all crops if feeder shocks are installed. Front or rear feed shaft corn stripper could cause you feeding problems in beans. Hump on rock door should help feeding and door locked open in sump position could hurt feeding. If feeding is nice and smooth with everything shined up well and you still plug I would snug up feed chain tention by .1" or .2". I have found the rear feed chain to bow upward half way between tention drum and drive shaft to much so it looses traction on the straw so the front feed will plug.