Combines FlOTATION TIRES

NDK

I have Trelleborgs on my 1640. Front are 850 - 42 and rear are 500 - 26 (the 850 and 500 are millimetres - with) It makes a big difference in wet conditions.It also helps with compaction

Thud

I know you dont want to hear this but WAIT FOR DRY WEATHER OR A GROUND FREEZE !...Im in southern ontario and we have had similar weather. Going into WET fields even with floater tires is gonna cause some major rutting and compaction.Not only will it cost you a load of cash to put tires on but its gonna impact future yields as well. There is lots of time to get soys off yet and taking corn off in Dec ( if you have to wait that long ) isnt a problem.. although its hard on the nerves to sit and wait its well worth the wait to avoid compaction and rutting .. Just my 2 cents

Farm_Kid2

We are running 28lR26 radials on the rear of a 1680 with mudhog. They put an end to rutting with the rear end, regardless of how muddy it gets. They only need 6 psi pressure. It was not simple to get this to work because the front of the right tire will turn into the return auger. If you're interested I can dig up the details.

Rob_NeArk

Turbo, I'm in putting on some 68-50-32 on front of my 1688 tomorrow to help cope with the 7"+ we received over the last two weeks here in northeast Arkansas. My question is did you have to lower the rear end of the combine (mud-hog)to keep it somewhat levelIJ I will have to leave on the 18.4-26 on rear until I find a reasonable priced set. Rob

Marv

I lived through the 70's which had some very wet falls in Illinois. My experience is to listen to the guy from Canada. Nothing really works very well in the mud.

Farm_Kid2

Assuming you have the 30.5l32's on there now, the front of the machine will set 1.7" lower with the 68-50-32 when loaded. This is not enough difference to worry about, and lots of guys like to run with the nose down anyway. We had our machine much more unlevel than that and never noticed much of a difference performance wise. However, with a flex head you may be able to cut a little closer to the ground.