Combines Unloading Auger Bearing

mike

several times!!!!!! only way to get gear off (you do have snap ring offIJIJ) is to heat it up almost white hot. A good 3 jaw puller will hold on to it or use a posi-lok type puller. If it still won't come off, hit it with cold water while it is still red hot. This may break it loose. Make sure when you put the gear back on you use anti-sieze on the shaft because you'll be replacing that bearing again in a couple of years. good luck

Old_Farmer

I had to give up and call in the Massey repair man ( 1 of very few times I have admitted defeat). He did all the wonderful things I did but beat the auger shaft inside the tank while he had pressure from the jack. We did heat the pi$$ out of the gear as well. !.5 hours and we were good to go and I spent 5 hours and only got to the big gear.

mike

owning massey's you have to be really good at changing bearings!!!!! :)

Old_Farmer

Actually I have only changed a few on the beast. It has about 1500 original hours and I can count the number of bearings that I have changed in the last 4 years. I changed brands of grease. All that have failed in the last 4 are sealed ones