Combines Perkins 640

hv_user

Hey ferge hope things are going well. I have two places that might still have one. I will check it out and let you know.And did your 8780 work out all rightIJ

ferge

8780 worked good - I think I have to put in new fuel filters next year or turn the pump up - engine pulls down to about 2100 - 2110 and the the alarm beeps - I think sveral of the guys on this board have turned up the pumps on the 1987 models - right!!! At 2110 the clean elevator is running about 360 and I don't think that is right according to the service manual - returns is about 420 - are the sensor wires mixed upIJIJIJIJ

hv_user

The fuel filters can make a big difference, the one under the fuel tank on the 8780 can plug up if theres any junk in the tank. When I had my 8780 it was turned up some about 295 300 hp.I can't remember the speed of the clean grain but 380 to 400 I think is close.My 8780 was a 1998 model I am not sure if any thing is different.

d_a_s

I have 8590 and 9700 white for sale.Engine are good in both them.Both rotors have been redone.

hv_user

I checked on those 640's one was sold the other is junk but I will keep my eye out for one.

d_a_s

It has around 3600 engine hours on it.WE are located in central Alberta Canada.

RobM

I heard that those engines can be pretty expensive to overhaul. I don,t know where you are from, here in Ohio there is a place called Anderson tractor supply, I think they sell used 640,s for around 3 to 4 thousand. Maybe you could repower that combine with a cummins engineIJ

hv_user

Hay ferge how is it going,things are good out west. I know where there is a 640 for 5000.00 dallars near me.I have heard of guys putting 903 cummins in those machines now thats power.I don't know how big a job it is though. You have a good one and I will talk to you later. good luck