Combines 8780 and two Deeres

Farmer_at_heart

Can you tell me how your combine is set for wheat. Blank's,fill-rod's,n of knives,rotor speed,fan speed,width of head,ground speed,just clipping head's or combining to bale straw or running though your chopper.Also how big and level was the field you are in.love our 8560 but just can't get more wheat out of the straw without blowing it out the back.Neighbor has a 8780 not sure how it's set but he just flies like to see if he get's a good windrow of wheat growing in a week or two.

hv_user

Narrow wire concaves,two blanks in the front,concave at 1_4,roter speed at 860 and a range of 820 to 910,fan at 750 760.In wheat use a airfoil chaffer and open the bottom sieve so you can stick your fingers in to the knuckle.If the wheat is pinched I close the sieve a little at a time untill its clean.And there is nothing on the ground to speak of.I have a 25 ft. head and cut 100 wheat at about 3 mph.I don't take any more straw than I have to.I have leveling on my combine and the fields are 5 to 500 acers.

hitchpin

You say to use airfoil chaffer in wheat, whyIJ Does it do that good of a jobIJ

hv_user

I don't know why but it is the best thing you can do with a Massey rotor in wheat.I have used them for years when I had IH and Deeres and it was great in those machines as well.I leave it in for soybeans as well.