Combines re grain pan problem 760

ski_whiz

By braces do you mean the short dividers welded to the ripple-tin to which you attach fishbacksIJ I never saw fishbacks here before only tall dividers for hillside use. Is the pan broken along the sideIJ The only reinforcement that I ever did to one was along the sides, welding in a section of angle iron overtop of what was there to tie the front and rear mounts together. These pans break here with repeated use in high moisture crops without cleaning off the build up. Sounds like your buddy should come good for his poor welding job. And if he won't, don't give him anymore business. Some people are capable of certain jobs and others are not! Take the pan out yourself and bring it to him to ease his pain a bit and maybe he will help you. I know if I got stuck doing the whole job over I'd be grumpy about it. This type of experience helps teach those of us with a conscience to do it right the first time. The ripple tin may straighten out, It might just be bowed now. When I weld new ripple tins in I weld at every ripple. The dividers need to have as much weld on them as the factory put on.

760diehard

Yes, the braces that the fishbacks go on, were what came out. I did find one, but have yet to find the other one. Had manure spread on part of the ground, will have to see if I can find it first before run through a tire. looks like one side where the dividers came off is broken, but the tin looks good yet, only have a few acres to finish and think it should make it. It needed replaced, but am thinking now should have bought a new one instead of fixing the old one. Thanks