Combines let s talk TX combines

Cowboy

look in settings.I had trouble saving grain this year and capacity was way down over last year.Staw walker losses in wheat and barley and over the sieves in canola and mustard.I had to go about 2mph. slower this year to save grain. ConditionsIJ

wizard

re: straw walker loss- I need to know what type of concave I am dealing with, if it's a universal New Holland concave you may have to pull wires so you can speed up your cylinder while closing the concave. Something else that may help, that we've tried around here is cutting the wire at the seventh bar, leaving every second wire after the seventh bar open. This allows you to increase capacity by increasing cylinder speed. May also help to wedge your concave at 5_8 ". Also this being a tough year, cylinder speeds increased by a min of 100-150 RPM. Re: Grain loss over sieves- Have you tried raising your sieves to the top positionIJ Something I've noticed here this year, is that Canola seems less dense but still has high yields, so by raising your sieves up 1_2 " allows you to apply more air to raise the chaff up off the sieve also closing your back chaffer provides more solid air flow to the top sieve.

Martin

has any body had the warning buzzer go of for no reason my tx 68 keeps buzzing with no warning lights to show what the problem is IJ

wizard

If it's not your full bin sensor going off, more than likely it's your park brake switch. Check for proper adjustment or bad connection.

Jake

It's been an interesting year this year with the tough conditions around here. (Yorkton, Sask., Canada) Well let's see problems.... We broke 1 stud bolt on the flex plate on the upper shoe shaker drive on the self levelling sieve on our 97 TX66 (600 hr). Kept looking and found one back Idler arm pivot for the top sieve broken, there was an updated and heavier arm to replace it. Torque sensor performance was getting bad, but we removed, cleaned and repacked it with grease and installed a new belt. The most mysterious breakdown we had was the biggest one. The primnary countershaft which is driven by your main thresher clucht belt and basically drives the entire separator broke. It broke about 1 inch in, from the outside of the separotor_feederhouse clutch pulley. The cleaning shoe, fan, returns are all driven on a pulley at the end of this shaft(this broke off, and fortunately never fell into the fan causing further damage). Still no answers why that broke. Been having trouble with the Autofloat on our 971 header. Have US sensors, new skid plates for the sensors to read off, and installed orifices in the lateral float lines, but the system is still too "bouncy" and it seems to be in the lateral float, you can notice it when you tilt it manually as well. It's like the accumulators are overcharged.(or not properly setIJ) Hope this information might be useful, any questions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated