Combines Genesis line

Greg

I heard that Buhler bought all New Holland's tractor lines.

jp

Buhler did buy both the Genesis and Versatile lines. You can see pics of both tractors in their new colors at www.buhler.com I believe. Both are now in red and yellow like the original Versatile. I think they are kind of ugly, but I don't know if thats due to them being different or if they actually are ugly.

cnhboy

Hello there! Here is the "meat and potatoes" behind the divesture of the Genesis and Versatile lines to Buhler. Buhler Versatile, Inc. purchased the the two lines and the Winnipeg, Canada plant from New Holland as a result of the CIH and NH merger (for an undisclosed amount -under 100 million). Buhler will supply New Holland with both lines until October 31, 2001 and December 31, 2002 for the markets outside North America. The Genesis models made by Buhler exclusively for New Holland will be 8970A, 8870A, 8770A, and 8670A. Also, Buhler will exclusively produce the TV140 Bi-Directional tractor for New Holland at the Winnipeg Plant. Hopefully that will clear some false rumors about anything. Thanks, Cole.

SilverTurnedGreen

Am I to understand that the Genesis factory is currently on strike, or are they "threatening" to strike! If they're currently on strike then, you're right; - IDIOTS!!!

gunner

I was thinking that new holland didn't sell the TV-140, jus the high horspower ones