Combines capacity of TF 46

herve

the main difference with a TX series is the twin flow rotor which replaced the straw walker. Good machine with high capacity. what do you harvest with it herv (from France)

paddy

we harvest wheat and barley. how many tons an hour can we expect out of the TF46

herve

I don't know this model. Here in France we use only TF 44 or TF 42. With a TF 44, you can harvest 20 or 25 tons per hour with a wheat at around 10 tons per hectare (1 hectare around 3 acres).

paddy

herve Thank you for your imformation.As I said we bought the TF46 end of this season,only cut about

herve

have check the width between the concave and the drum. The position can be adjust in the cab but also manually. You must check it before starting a new year of harvest. This width can be different, for corn especially.

kiwi

We've been running a TF44 here in New Zealand for the last five years. We bought it as a second hand import from the UK. I keep being surprised by its capacity. We normally run out of power before we can throw grain out the back. We commonly achieve a spot rate of 30 to 35 tonnnes per hour in wheat. Thats 8km_hr (5 mph) with a 6 metre (20 foot) cutter bar in a 7 tonne_ hectare ( 2.8 tonnes per acre and I'll let you work that out in bushells)crop of wheat. Ours is 220HP non turbo. The turbo 250 HP would comfortably have a spot rate of 35 tonne an hour. Given that the TF46 is 20 per cent wider right through and has 20 per cent more power at 300 HP it will have a spot rate of over 40 tonnes per hour in standing non lodged wheat. One farmer not too far from here is achieving over 40 tonne an hour in wheat in his TF46. He reckoned that even tho his machine is over 10 years old no modern JD, Case axial flow or anything else could get near him. The only thing that can is the Claas lexion 480 now they have arrived in our market.The thing that amazes me is that a TF44 has the same drum, beater and rotary seperator as a NH 8070. In the TF44 they threw away the straw walkers and put in a rotor which takes up far less room, cranked up the power and got a 50 percent increase in capacity compared to the same machine with straw walkers. Makes you wonder why most of the world persists with walkers. We have harvested wheat, barley, peas and grass seeds. We have harvested brown top grass seed ( a grass with very fine light seed) with no problems although we had to install a kit to cut down the air intake into the fan. The only time we have blocked the rear TF rotor was on one occassion when hrvesting sodden grass windrows that had been blown into lumps by strong winds before the rain.