Combines Unloading Auger Extension

catman

Catman since I now recognize this is not only a place to discuss combines, but also grammar. In your post it is was not wase like you had typed. I just wanted to point this out to prove that you are indeed not as perfect as you believe.

2rotorsrule

Just take off your outside dual on the right side back end of your tractor. We did that for our TR98 which had the long auger, but still wasn't long enough. 2nd option, if you're loaded with money, pull it with a Cat tractor, they are more narrow and you won't be close at all.

cat_man

What leads you to belive that I think I am perfect. I have an auger that is to short on my 480, I said nothing about having perfect grammer. Ever hear of a typing error. Just wanted to point this out that you have way to much time on your hands to be complaining about a spelling error. Why don't you step up and address the question that was asked. How did you extend the auger on your 480IJ Or aren't you big enough to be running a 42' honeybee. Why don't you help people on this site like everyone else. No one wants to listen to you wine and complain.

nascarfarmer

I think i can sell you an extension from stewart steel, ill have to check the price list.

hawkeye

Stewart Steel does not offer a unloading auger extension for the Cat lexion....Only the Cat Chanllenger....

PETE

If you just need more height you can put a spacer in the cylinder that swings the augar out. You will have to adjust the limit switch that allows the augar to run. Hyper II installed one for me on my N6 and it makes all the difference as far as getting over a semi or wagon. I think he used a coupling that you can get from any hardware store to use as a spacer. Agco sells a kit to do this but it is allot more $$. I cannot remember the size though. Maybe Hyper II can elaberate. Pete

R_O_M

Many years ago, we extended the unload auger of our N7 by about 3 feet. To take the load off the pivot when the auger was full of grain, we used a cable running to the top rear corner of the grain tank. The grain tank anchor point of the cable was reinforced to spread the load. The cable anchor point on the auger tube was mounted on a sleeve about 18" long and clamped about two thirds of the way out along the unloader tube. This sleeve could be adjusted to allow the cable to be tight at the full extension of the unloader but allow for slack at all other times while folded, retracting and extending. It took a while for us to get this adjustment right and to guarantee that the cable would not catch on anything while extending or retracting. Once we got it right we had no further problems. The cable certainly took the load off the pivot and if unloading on the run would really help with some of these earlier models where the pivot is a little suspect or worn. The only problem was that if we retracted the unloader whilst full of wheat [ OK with other lighter grains, just! ] the hydraulics weren't good enough to raise the unloader without a bit of a shove. Probably a small adjustment to the valve pressures would have fixed this problem.

oldstruck

Are you talking about an "extender" made by Stewart Steel (and sold by others) this is the one that goes on the end of the auger and you have to weld a piece of extra flighting and install a different bearing. Or the lowen extender, which is the AGCO extension. this is the one that is put between the swivel and the regular length auger. Thanks!

mike

The Stewart Extender is the one i've seen the most. Curious about the lowen one though. Unfortunately we did just put a new tube on and not sure I want to take it off so soon.