Combines TR85 questions

JD

Clean grain is brought to the bin via the clean grain elevator which dumps into the bubble-up auger which comes into the center of the bin. I have always thought that if users of other combines would just look at how clean and simple a TR's grain tank they would be sold! Yep, the concave has a set of small wires that are used for small grains. You remove those and put the rollers on the large wires for beans and corn. Also there are two set of concave extensionsIJ Yes, this can be a drag of sorts. Switch on header lever is the header height control switch. Inch pedal is not needed, just causes problems. Pedal to far left is the feeder house speed control but, you said you got the fixed feeder so that's not relative. I don't have rocks to deal with but do have roots. If they had damage done it could have been that the roller was not set low enough to trip or they did not have the stone trap trigger set at a tight enough tolerenceIJ $6900.00IJ If you guys are satisfied that it is a fair price that's all that matter's. Beauty is in the eye of the beholderIJ Best of luck with 'er....JD

JD

I really don't know why it slowsIJ Are the hydro belts tightIJ Fuel filter may be dirtyIJ I'm assuming you mean as you pick the head up and push on the hydro to speed up to come aroundIJ In tough conditions speed that rotor up some, I'm running right now @ 950 in some tougher times. Hardly ever drop under 900 in beans though, unless they are for seed. Open up the bottom screen a notch or two. Kill stall it and check the tailing elevator to see if it's too much material, if not and there's still pods open it another notch. Trail and error they sayIJ JD

junior

I'll check the hydro belts in the morning as it was having a hard time this evening shelling corn. What gear would you run standing 100 bushel cornIJ I ran at 4mph but didn't want to hurt the hydro by going in third. No frost tonight so we switched over to corn and ran two fields. It took a whole ten minutes to change over to corn from beans! If this thing was anymore simple I could just snap my fingers and it would be done. The factory recomendations for setup worked pretty good.

JD

We've always run in 3rd till she won't go, like in a real muddy case as this year. But I still run 3rd until she stops. I hope your problem is slack belts but if it's not.....check the hub on the hydro itself, there kinda behind the the drive tire on driver side. It may be loose and slipping on the shaft. We had one come loose once, I can't remember if it was a keyed shaft or splinedIJ I think it was splined. We bought a new hub and put it on, lucky cause it could get expensive there if you have to replace that shaft out of the hydro. Also, underneath the machine, where the hydro attaches to the tranny is a coupling, it is splined and that could be worn, although that usually goes all at once and won't move at all. Just giving a couple of things to beware of in the future. Is she holding her motor rpm's when this slowing occursIJ Those fuel filters will cause such. Good luck, JD

junior

We tightened the belts today and the sluggish hydro came alive. The machine just had a complete service so the filters are all new. I wish we had some good corn to run through it so I could get a good feel of the capacity. JD thanks for the advice it has helped a whole bunch.

Mjay

I had a TR85 that I put hyd. pump and tank on for a 971 head. TR99 still uses sepaerate hyd. for reel or pickup. TR70-85 came with 960 or 970 heads that were belt drive for the reel or pickup, and did not need hyd. Tr85 should have S cubed rotors, so that and moreHP will provide more capacity that 70. Rotor size is the same. If you can see through the fins on your rad, then the tubes inside are probably corroded to cause heating troubles.

JHEnt

Unless the TR85 was updated then there is no difference in the rotor. You can install style 1 S3 rotor bars onto that early style rotor core. Even the very 1st TR86 machines had the old style rotor's in them. There is a big difference running a TR85 compared to a TR70. The TR75 was basically a 70 but built durring the 85 and 95 production years.