Combines 1994 TR 97

Ilnewholland

Hunter, that don't seem like to much after you go price a new one. A TR97 would compare to a JD 8820 or more like a 9600. Most common things to look at all chains(feeder, clean grain, return),all augers(bubble up, clean grain, unloading),concave, rotor bars and straw chopper knives. All can be replaced. If former owner took care of it, it may be a good combine. Any thing else just ask. later, Ilnewholland

NHD

The combine price seems like a fair price for the valuue. Some things to look for; The gearbox on the bubble up auger was updated so be sure it has that. The updated one is a must. You can get a 18 tooth sprocket to speed up the unloading auger. That is available thru parts. Most of the things already mentioned are wear items and can be replaced as neded. In the operator manual it talks about what things to service and check. Dealer should do that for you. Coupling chains on the rotor drive must be checked. Some of the chain side plates may bebroken and need replacing. Rotors need to be in balance. Check by running rotors thru a speed change. Check for rock damage to rotor, concaves and beater area. The TR-97 did not have the Genesis engine which is a minus because of fuel economy but it is a good engine. All of these things can be checked by the dealers shop easily. The '97 would easily handle the 30' platform and even a 12 row head. Oh, that reminds me. Have the dealer put a grease zerk on the inside bearing of the variable speed pulley of the feederhouse drive. Getting grease to that inside bearing is important. If the inside bearing doesn't get enough grease the bearing will wear and then it loosens the dowells and they fall out and then you must replace the inside half of that big pulley at a big expense.Good luck! You'll like that combine.

weber

I have 2 1996 2188s what I would like to sell. Both machines have around the same hours as the tr does. They are equipped as so, one has a specialty rotor the other is standard. Both machines have choppers, chaff spreaders, full AFS on them. They are both in very good shape and are shedded. They have a very good maintainence program. I also would have a rock trap available. They have the long unloading auger and both machines have the custom cutter package on them. As far as heads go I have flex heads rigid heads and corn heads for sale also. Feel free to e-mail or give me a call @ 307-851-1680

Hunter

Thanks for the input. I'll be looking at this machine in the next few days. It is a big help to know what to look at on a different brand of equipment. This is a great website and shows what we can do by helping each other. Too bad the rest of the world isn't like this.

tv140

Most of the TR97's did in fact have the Genesis engine in them. Simplest way to tell the difference between the Ford and the Genesis engines is the location of the engine oil filters. If there is a single filter mounted remotely on the lH side, bolted onto the muffler mount bracket, that is a Genesis engine. The Ford's oil filters were mounted on the hopper side of the engine, accessible only through the hopper.