Combines TR 98

JHEnt

If you have the wire concave then you need to remove all of the small wires. I assume it will still have the large wires. I have not seen a combine set up as small grain only but I think you should have the same wire type concave. Removing the small wires will open up the concave enough to shell corn. There will be 2 small wires then a large wire. You will need to get the other concave extensions with the wider spacing as well. Otherwise your combine should have shortfinger chaffer installed. You can shell corn with this but you will need to have it all the way open. If you have a short finger closed spaced lower sieve you might want to remove it or replace it with a wide spaced sieve.

NHD

You most likely have a small grain concave with all small wires. what was just described is a universal concave which will work when set up as described, but it will need a corn-bean concave extension. I tried to get by with a universal concave this season, but it doesn't work very well. You just as well buy a round bar concave for corn and beans with the extensions on the concave and not on the door. You will probably find that the rotor covers are different in a a small grain machine. Corn and bean combines have an opening with bars across the opening in the rotor covers near the rear. Also it seems to me that therotor covers on the small grain combine wore out a lot faster than those on the corn bean machine.

tv140

Grain can leak out of the bottom of the bubble up tube by the "horseshoe" where the gearbox bolts on