Combines 972 hdr Stainless flex sheets availableIJ

Shane_IN

No stainless aren't available and the regular sheets are getting hard to find! Better make sure you have them in hand before tearing her apart. But you may be able to use those for the 973's. I think most of the holes would line up the only thing is the 972's use only three sheets while the 973's use five I think, which are available from Shoup Parts. I am thinkin they would work.

John_W

Stewart steel will make them for you, but I suspect you can find a good fab shop closer to home that would make what you need. I would also try someone like St John Welding in Kansas who specializes in combine wear parts.

Ilnewholland

We put the poly tin replacement from May Wes on our 972 years ago. It came without holes so we had to drill them. It seemed to work good and was cheap. The head seemed to flex better also. I ran it two years before I traded for a 973 head. Ilnewholland

MOBoy

Hmmmm...I asked at May-Wes and they seemed to be saying that putting poly there on a 972 would be a custom-made item for them, not something they'd know the dimensions of. Well, that's not bad, I guess I can just get them to send me the sheets of poly and drill it myself. Thanks.

MOBoy

I talked to Shoup, and they severely discouraged the idea that the 973 sheets would work. Guess I'll have to go look at a 973 head, take some measurements and see where the holes are, and go from there. Thanks.

Ilnewholland

It was about 11-12 years ago that I did that. They somehow had the dimensions back then, as they sent me the poly all cut to the right size but no holes. The only thing I didn't like about was that it is white and at night the lights from the combine would reflect back up at the window. Ilnh

MOBoy

Good point...I think they now have black poly. If so, I'll see if they can use that instead of white or yellow.

Boss_Man

You could stain the white poly dark brown. Now you see how brilliant I amIJ! Can you see that I am seriousIJIJ This is no place for loafers if you want your lucky, best wash.