Combines TR95 Questions

Ilnewholland

I had one from 1983-1994. We had a TR70 before. We harvest corn, soybeans and wheat. It was a much better and bigger combine than the TR70. We ran a 20' 972 grain head and a 6-30 960 corn head on it. I could keep up with my neighbors JD 8820. All in all it was a great combine for it's time. The Cat motor gave me no problems and had enough hp. I got a TR96 after it and I have to say it was a big improvement over the TR95, but it was a big improvement over my TR70. I don't know your price range or how many acres you combine but the newer one you can buy the better. If any thing more just askIJ Ilnewholland

Adam_Pars

last question, is the TR95 capable of handling the larger 973 grain tables like say 30' swath. Thanks

Shane_IN

You can't run a 973 on a TR95 unless you change the reel drive back to a mechanical from the hydraulic. And it would easily handle a 30' header. You would also have to change the reel speed and reel lift connectors. As for the TR95 we do have one and all in all it has been a great machine. But surprisingly our TR86 will run right with it in beans with both pushing 20' heads. However in corn the TR95 has more capacity. And those Cats are some of the best engines to have. Start so easy and have torque out the ying yang!

Ilnewholland

I guess it could with a lot of work but you would not set any speed records. The HHC and reel drive is different for a 973 head. I think if you need a 30' head then I would look for a TR96. It would hook up with no problem and you would get a more speed out of it. Ilnh

Adam_Pars

How hard would it be to rob an old 4wd unit off another TR95 and put it on one that only has 2wd. What tools would it require and how much time would it takeIJ Thanks

Shane_IN

I dont know.... a couple big jacks, a forklift or bobcat, and a big hammer and punch to drive out the pivot pin. Then you have to plumb in for the hydraulics, suppose that would require 1 1_4 or larger wrenchs and some new fittings and lines. Could be done but would be a bit of work.

MOBoy

Another option would be to find a combine with one of the aftermarket add-on rear-wheel assist units. Then you'd have all the hoses, switches and valves necessary for swapping it onto your combine. And you wouldn't need to swap the rear axle...just get the outer axle stubs which the rear wheels bolt to, and slide them in your own adjustable rear axle tubes.