Combines Tr98 grain pan

NHD

I can tell you what we have done on our TR-99. 350 sep hrs ago a bolt broke on the right side shoe hanger. We replaced the bolt, but apparently it had been gone for awhile. Then sometime later we discovered upon taking the covers off the ouside that the channel iron bracket bolted to the shoe with 4 bolts had broken out of the shoe side. We took the sieves out and got up in the shoe and welded the metal so we could bolt the hanger back to the shoe. It is important that the rails that the lower sieve rests on and goes up against in front is securely welded back in.Well, that lasted till last week. The right side hanger broke completely loose and the lower sieve is broke in front from not being on a solid rail. We had a piece of sheet metal bent and formed to fit on the inside of the shoe below the lower sieve rail. We saw cracks on the left side so we fixed both sides. We have been told that the welding may not last forever, but lets hope we can get 400 acres of corn done before we have to replace it. The piece of angle on each side of the shoe in front seems to be the piece that breaks out first and it gets caught in the clean grain auger. This is the first time I have ever had this problem in any of the 10 or 11 TR's that I have had. Don't forget to replace the rubber bushings in the shoe pivots. If they are worn the shoe jerks.Good luck! I know that a new shoe costs some $850, but I don't know how to take out the old one and put in a new one. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

Nemotr

Thanks for the reply. Decided this morning that taking it out was not going to happen this go around so did the in combine welding. We did run 2 pieces of 1" flat iron from the top and bottom edge of the front channel back about 6"along the shoe side to help support the out of postion one sided butt weld. It looks like the previous owner lost a bolt out of the left rear of the sieve and that hammered the front channel until it broke. And yes got into the auger but didn't destroy it. fwiw I called to different nh dealers and niether one could tell me how to do it. Good luck with your weld.

Shane_IN

To get the grain pan out you have to take the feeder house off! Changed one on our TR95 two years ago. Not too bad I guess. Is kind of a pain getting the pan in and out since it is so big.