Combines TR70 NEW TO ME HElP PlEASEIJ

Nemotr

What engineIJ Hydro or belt driveIJ Keep all variable speed sheaves greased as described in manual. The ford has a seperate oil resivor(sp)for the injector pump. Service accordingly. If rotor varible speed sheaves are wore bad it can be difficult to adjust. If fingers are grooved it will push the main shaft so the beater drive pulley will rub the frame(sparks fly). Gear boxes on bubble up and unload can give trouble. They are the same box unless yours is updated. There is an alignment issue with the one in the unload that will eat the splines up pronto if its off. The bubble up needs to have bearings backlash kept snugged up and if you ever rebuild I would grind the ends of the gear shaft to minimize the gear lash. Ours had other quirks that you learned to live with. ie: had to lock the steering one way to get auger to swing out etc.I've got a 78 model that we still used to shell corn until it became an "organ donor" for an 86 so as in another post we're parting it out. Good luck with yours. Sounds like you got the whole line for it.

RHINO201PRO

HEY, THANKS FOR THE INPUT SO FAR. IT HAS 3208 CAT AND IS BElT DRIVE. WHAT IS " BUBBlE UP"IJ

Nemotr

Bubbleup is the incoming grain auger in the tank. You might want to check the flighting on the bottom of it through the inspection door. If you retension the ground drive belts be sure to set the limit of travel so the center shieve doesn't bottom out. If it bottoms out you will stretch or damage the belts. Also ours seemed to be hard on the bushing inserts in that sliding center shieve. Needs to be kept greased good. I feel that the most important greasing is the main shaft bearing on each side of the combine. Major expense if it needs replacing. Do you have a manualIJ Some grease spots are hard to find and some are REAl important. Somehow the thrust bearing on the rotor drive variable speed got overlooked and siezed the race to the pulley on ours(well welded really, a machine shop had return shaft). We did do some modification in some areas as they gave trouble. But you will only have to cross that bridge if you come to it. Where are you locatedIJ

rhino201pro

YES I DO HAVE A MANUAl, lOCATED IN SOUTHERN OHIO THANKS, RHINO