Combines TR 99 headaches

grumpy

Well, I am not sure if the Kuchars are worth the money or not. I bought them after last year because I was sick and tired of the trash in the sample and Kuchar told me they would solve the problem. Can't see that much has changed. I do not have the front filler plate in the concaves. The back beater has the filler plate in it. I like the bottom sieve open and the top 1_2 open. There is no corn going out the back now. Unfortunately, the trash is beyond my tolerance. I have started closing the top sieve and that is helping but I am starting to put some kernels out. I am also closing the bottom but I think that is starting to restrict the air flow. Ultimately, I am heading back where I was - No capacity and a poor sample. I know this is not a seed cleaner and I am not real fussy (as long as the drier doesn't catch fire or the bin unloads plug up I can live with it) but my inability to get this thing to give me a decent sample is about to get the best of me. I have reached the point that I would probably pay to get this thing to work.

Jim

The round bar concaves might do a better job.I used to run 2 long fingered sieves in corn.It would not work in beans because I could not keep pods out but in corn it cleaned the sample up a lot as i could close the bottom sieve up more.In wet corn 28% or more i used to take bottom sieve right out it let more air through.I had new holland combines for 20 years so I know some of the promblems you are having but they will do a good job.I now have a massey 8780xp and love it.

Ilnewholland

How much payIJIJIJIJIJ I could use a good paying job. I really think it may be simple to get your combine working right. Sometimes it is the small things. I wish we could post pictures on here as I would show you my grain sample. All corn, at about 1-1.9% bcfm. I am sure it can be done on your combine also. I was reading my book to see what it says. I still think you are overloading the sieves. Do the kill stall and look at how they are loading. Make one change at a time and kill stall it again. Two things that I can think of, make sure that the chaffer extension is all the way down. That is very important in corn. Also have the air deflectors adjusted to factory marks. Also I think you can reduce the elevation of the chaffer. Do you have taller back tires or smaller front tiresIJ You may want to check all of your shaft speeds to see if they are right. I am sure something will work. Ilnh

Grumpy

The fronts are 30.5 x 32. It has a factory rwd. Will check them out tommorrow. The chaffer extension is raised about half way and the air deflectors are on the factory marks. If we are overloading the sieves what might the cause beIJ It is raining again so I don't know when we will be able to run again. Thanks for the help, I'll keep trying.

Ilnewholland

A few things could be overloading the sieves. Overthreasing from the rotor, cleaning shoe belt slipping, uneven loading of the grain pan, chaffer elevation to high or a few of these things. I would try putting the chaffer extension down all the way. That is the way I run it. It lets the trash (or MOG) float out on air faster over the chaffer with less loss of grain. If you do a kill stall you will see this. The book has some more things to think about in the trouble shooting pages. I really think if you put the chaffer extension all the way down it may solve your problems. Good luck, Ilnewholland