Combines Ditching mufflers on TR s and CR s

AAPIII

The only machine we did it to was our last TR86 and that was becuase the muffler broke out around the brackets that held it in, It did sound great, as far as more HP if there was more it was so little you couldn't tell.

TwinRotor

Could you hear the turbo spool up under load when you start making another pass.

JHEnt

Maybe you don't realize it but mufflers also act as spark arrestors. I can't for the life of me see why you want that CR engine to sound like an old CAT did, let alone why you want to take a chance of burning any machine up.

Shane_IN

If you have her wound out those sparks are going so far in the air they will be cooled by the time they hit the ground. I guess almost all will never even come close to the combine. Now if you do take it off make sure, really sure you let it idle and cool the turbo and engine since cold air can rush in easily and crack a hot turbo. By the way, our TR95 with CAT 3208 is piped and she sounds good. When original motor sent a rod through the block dealer left muffler off and we just left it that way.