Combines cr capacity issues

Stormin_Normin

The first thing is that the bottom seive needs a seal on it just like the one on the top seive. The lower air deflector inside the fan housing needs to be raised up to its highest position. Then I made another air dam below the cut off in the fan housing. Also used a 1in. hole saw and put holes inbetween the existing holes. Then you need to drill 5_32 holes in the secondary grain pan underneath the pre seive. Thus giving you air coming from directly under the pre-seive. When this was done it gained us 1 to 1.5 mph. Also the adjuster on the fan speed needs to be bumped up so you get around 960 rpm.

Stormin_Normin

To fix the issue you need to put a seal on the bottom seive just like the one on the top seive. Next you need to adjust the lower air dam inside the fan housing so that it is tipped up to its highest point. Then Imade another air dam under the fan cut off that goes over the holes that are already in the cut off. Then drill 5_32 holes in the grain pan under the pre-seive. Probably about 130 holes staggard on the point of the flutes on the pan. I also made some 1in. holes inbetween the existing ones in the cut off.The plate for the cut off is 50in. wide and a piece of 5in. by 1_8in. flat then welded angle irons on end with two holes in each one to mount it to the side of the machine. This should take care of any issues. One more thing - Adjust the fan speed screw so you can acheive about 960rpm on the fan.

Stormin_Normin

You're welcome. Those mod's really made a corn eater out of the 960 and the 970 that Idid it to Istill have 5 more machines to do.

cornsheller

I need some clarification on your fix. The air dam below the fan cut-off, is it directing air rearward like the other twoIJ What component did you drill 1-inch holes in between the existing holesIJ Also, if you drill 5_32 holes in that pan under the pre-sieve, would wheat fall throughIJ Thanks in advance for the help.

Stormin_Normin

No it's not directing air like the other two. It's deflecting air under the pan for the pre-seive so that the air can go through the pan and through the pre-seive. You may want to use 1_8" holes in the pan instead of the bigger holes to keep wheat out of them.The deflector fits tight up against the back of the cut off and then tipped down infront to scop the air. Yuou may want to cover the loovers in the top of the fan housing with tape or something else. The 1" holes are in between the five that are already there.Once you have the bottom fan housing off you will see where I mean.

cornsheller

Thanks for the update. I have been making a seal kit for the self-leveling shoe to keep the air in the combine and to prevent re-circulation of the air. It's shown some consistency in improving capacity and helps with making the combine easy to set for efficiency and clean sample. I'm a New Holland dealer in Rochester, IN. I had always thought that doing what you are doing would help but couldn't figure out how to keep the grain on the pan.