Combines TR86 clean grain elevator rattle clutch

Ilnewholland

I would tighten the spring some more. Not much, maybe a few turns at a time till it stops slipping. Your problem is that you cleaned it up real good and put new grease on it. That will make it slip sooner. I over greased one once and had to take back apart and put some dirt back in there to get it to stop slipping. I also did that to a planter clutch too. Sometimes to much grease is as bad as to little. Ilnh

Shane_IN

I tightened it up some and it has stopped slipping. Hope it isn't too tight, those bubble up gearboxes are salty. I was careful not to get any grease on the actual clutch faces, just on the shafts. Made that mistake when I was about 15 when I first started running a combine (well not really a combine, was a Gleaner F2!) and will never do that again. Thanks.

Farmer_Dick

we have over 5000 hrs on our TR 86 have had the problem when changed Brg. Have found that some bearings have different dimensions and the clutch can bottom in the spline and have then shimmed clutch to make work. We never go past the book recommendation for spring pressure

Farmer_Dick

we have over 5000 hrs on our TR 86 have had the problem when changed Brg. Have found that some bearings have different dimensions and the clutch can bottom in the spline and have then shimmed clutch to make work. We never go past the book recommendation for spring pressure